Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 8,266
» Latest member: EJD2004
» Forum threads: 9,439
» Forum posts: 63,143

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 199 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 196 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, Harvey.Stuart

Latest Threads
GUI settings popup
Forum: Feature Requests
Last Post: Popiro
3 minutes ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 40
Multi mono plugins
Last Post: sunrat
Yesterday, 09:18 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 35
More Mixer Scenes.
Last Post: vibesound
Yesterday, 08:07 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 117
iCON + Harrison 32Ci 12-c...
Forum: Harrison Hardware
Last Post: _ben
Yesterday, 09:29 AM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 8,849
process bounce techniques...
Forum: Mixbus General Discussion
Last Post: hodger
05-10-2024, 10:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 296
Mixbus v10 - now availabl...
Forum: Mixbus Software Releases & Updates
Last Post: Klaus
05-10-2024, 09:31 AM
» Replies: 192
» Views: 15,099
Mixbus 10 - Change buffer...
Last Post: Arionas
05-10-2024, 02:52 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 176
Plugins not remembered
Last Post: Stephane Morisse
05-10-2024, 02:03 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 407
VST3 and AU Indexing Erro...
Forum: Mixbus Support (Mac OSX)
Last Post: mauvehead
05-09-2024, 01:43 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 130
MPE support would be nice...
Last Post: Micke
05-09-2024, 10:04 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 41

Routing for 3rd party sidechain compressors.
Posted by: Gálosi László - 10-02-2013, 04:01 AM - Forum: Mixbus General Discussion - Replies (18)

Is there a way of routing channels to 3rd party sidechain plugins, compressors, or just only the 8 mixbus can be used for side chaining. I can't route sidechain signals to plugins, like Waves C1 SC, or Wavesfactory TrackSpacer. Using one mixbus for siechaining bass, is a bit a luxus when there is only 8 bus, and other busses are not automatic plugin delay compensated.

Print this item

one annoying thing in mixbus 2
Posted by: mathias - 10-01-2013, 10:34 PM - Forum: Mixbus General Discussion - Replies (13)

hi all,
great to have a forum for mixbus now!

my first thread is about one thing, that really annoys me in mixbus 2 since it came out.
every time i insert a plugin, the controls will be automatically mapped to the sliders in the track. THIS SHOULD BE OPTIONAL !!!
even better, if one could switch that off for the mixer to save space for plugins.

when mixbus 2 came out, this was the main reason i did not upgrade in the beginning. please make it an option!

am i the only one, that dislikes this part of the otherwise great mixer in mixbus 2?
or did i overlook an option to switch it off?

best,
mathias

Print this item

Routing Pro Tools to Harrison Mixbus
Posted by: Torrey Adams - 10-01-2013, 09:18 PM - Forum: Mixbus General Discussion - No Replies

Greetings everyone! Salute to Harrison for creating this forum. I'm a big fan of Mixbus and thought it would be a great idea to create this thread about routing to PT.

I have been trying to route tracks virtually from Pro Tools 10 into Mixbus for the magic (summing).

I have tried using only Jack and its latest drivers. I recently bought a new interface Scarlett 18i20 primarily for this purpose.

Has anyone tried this using a Scarlett or any other interface?

I have seen the videos and my research I believe has been thorough. Just wanted to ask any true users of Mixbus and PT. I am giving it a go with the 18i20 and will return with hopefully easy steps.

Peace

Print this item

Transitioning From Windows to Linux-Ubuntu
Posted by: RCBurton - 10-01-2013, 08:14 PM - Forum: Mixbus General Discussion - Replies (29)

Happy to be joining this group and using such great software.

One thing that has been on my mind is making the move from windows to Ubuntu. I am wondering if folks have any thoughts on that, especially about getting JACK and whatnot configured.

OK, thanks for considering this and be well ... RB in Salem, Oregon

Print this item

Wink Happy for forums!
Posted by: joegiampaoli - 10-01-2013, 05:38 PM - Forum: Mixbus General Discussion - Replies (8)

Just a quick post to say thanks for the forum, it's a great idea to have us all Mixbus users gathered in a "classic" system like this one...

Cheers to all!

Big Grin

Print this item

Suggestion: Enable Mixbus forum on Tapatalk
Posted by: Intalik Jalál Milne - 09-27-2013, 07:10 PM - Forum: Mixbus General Discussion - Replies (1)

Awesome that you guys started this forum for Mixbus users.

First thing I did was see if I could find it on my iPad using Tapatalk.

Are you guys planning on using tapatalk or something like it for the iPad?

Print this item

I am happy with MixBus - looking forward to V3
Posted by: bapu - 09-27-2013, 03:44 PM - Forum: Mixbus General Discussion - Replies (13)

I plan to use MixBus as a stems mix and master environment.

I am a SONAR user and I find that environment more to my requirements for recording.

But then once V3 is out, who knows?

Print this item

Setting up parallel compression in Mixbus
Posted by: Tim@Harrison - 09-26-2013, 12:08 PM - Forum: Mixbus General Discussion - Replies (1)

Parallel compression is a pretty common technique in mixing. It involves blending a heavily compressed track with a dry, un-compressed track.

This method is fairly easy to set up in Mixbus. We've demonstrated how it can be done here:

For more Mixbus tutorials, please visit our YouTube channel

Print this item

Discussion about a Tablet controller
Posted by: Ben@Harrison - 09-26-2013, 10:20 AM - Forum: Mixbus General Discussion - Replies (37)

Mixbus's keyboard and mouse controls provide instant access to transport functions such as transport control, track arming, and editing. You can use a wireless keyboard to control Mixbus from across the room. But a tablet controller could provide those features and also provide visual feedback.

What features would you most like to see? I think controls like track-arming and transport would be most important. The tablet screen could provide an "overview" of the whole session, allowing you to locate anywhere quickly, perhaps using pinch-to-zoom. There's no sense adding a tablet option if it doesn't do something different than the screen, right? I think this is where some other controllers are not very effective.

Alternatively the tablet could show mixer elements, giving you hands-on fader controls and an extra screen's worth of metering.

Of course none of that is very useful if you don't have a tablet. Let us know which tablet you have!

Print this item

Which Mixbus development are you most excited about?
Posted by: Tim@Harrison - 09-25-2013, 01:20 PM - Forum: Mixbus General Discussion - Replies (168)

As many of you know, we are currently in development on Mixbus v3.0. There are many developments and features that we have teased over the past year. Which one are you most excited about?

Print this item