Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iCON + Harrison 32Ci 12-channel USB-C Interface
As a second big surprise announcement this week, we present the iCON+Harrison 32Ci audio interface, shown here at NAMM alongside iCON's new control surfaces:

[Image: 32Ci-namm-2023.jpg]

More details will be forthcoming from iCON soon,  but since they have it on the show floor, I assume it's ok to discuss here in our community!

The 32Ci  is a USB-C device with these core features:

* 2 high-gain Harrison mic preamps (switchable to hi-z instrument inputs) with 32C HP/LP filters and a 'bump' resonance button for the HP filter
* 2 line inputs
* 8ch ADAT in/out for expansion
* awesome zero-latency monitoring: 2 separate headphone mixes: one from DAW 1&2, one from DAW 3&4, each with their own discrete pc/direct blend knob, and level control
* 'Alternate' button to switch the main output to a secondary speaker pair
* high-power internal analog audio path (NOT bus-powered) works without being connected to a computer
* and more .... to be revealed at the show....
(04-13-2023, 03:39 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: As a second big surprise announcement this week, we present the iCON+Harrison 32Ci audio interface, shown here at NAMM alongside iCON's new control surfaces:

More details will be forthcoming from iCON soon,  but since they have it on the show floor, I assume it's ok to discuss here in our community!

* 2 high-gain Harrison mic preamps (switchable to hi-z instrument inputs) with 32C HP/LP filters and a 'bump' resonance button for the HP filter
* 2 line inputs
* awesome zero-latency monitoring: 2 separate headphone mixes: one from DAW 1&2, one from DAW 3&4, each with their own discrete pc/direct blend knob, and level control
* high-power internal analog audio path (NOT bus-powered) works without being connected to a computer

Hi Ben, thanks for sharing details. It looks awesome! My next question is:  where is the checkout button?Smile)
i'd love to see 32c controller as well (especially since 32c DAW module expansion eq/gate/comp)
Wink 
What's new to me is that Amazon is selling Amazon Basics branded monitors  Big Grin
Nice device. Is this a Class compliant device or does it require drivers? If required, does it also work on Linux?
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

Please tell me the P1-M has HARD plastic buttons NOT rubber?
OSX, i9 10850k, 64GB, MixBus 32C, Logic Pro X, Metric Halo ULN8 3d & 2882 3d, Icon Qcon Pro X & Icon Qcon Pro XS
Awesome! When and where can I buy?!?

Hopefully they fixed the problem with the firmware not properly decoding the quadrature output of the pan pot rotary encoders that is present on the Qcon Pro X - those who have those know you have to go through two detents for every increment. They've tried to pass that off as a feature! Otherwise, I love the unit.
(04-13-2023, 03:39 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: The 32Ci  is a USB-C device with these core features:

* 2 line inputs

Looking good !!!!
An 8 channel Harrison mic pre with an ADAT output would plug into that juuuuuussssst niiiiiiiiicce !!!  Big Grin

However I can't see any input level/clip indicators on the inputs (One of those buttons light up dual use maybe ?)
(04-14-2023, 09:34 AM)simonzc Wrote: However I can't see any input level/clip indicators on the inputs (One of those buttons light up dual use maybe ?)

There is an input signal LED below each of the Gain knobs.

There is also a stereo output meter around the master knob.

Todd
(04-13-2023, 04:05 PM)dspasic Wrote:
(04-13-2023, 03:39 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: As a second big surprise announcement this week, we present the iCON+Harrison 32Ci audio interface, shown here at NAMM alongside iCON's new control surfaces:

* 2 line inputs

Hi Ben, thanks for sharing details. It looks awesome! My next question is:  where is the checkout button?Smile)
i'd love to see 32c controller as well (especially since 32c DAW module expansion eq/gate/comp)

If they could only set and implement the mapping routes ones and for all.  And stop moving them around, or even worse breaking them all together.  
Too bad for the guy who soldered and had manufactured a hardware controller specifically for mixbus32c a few years back (v5 I believe)
That sucker broke from v6.  Poor guy.  Hope no one bought it.  I know I almost did.  
Come on Harrison. Haven’t you still not realized how important working, and stable, and reliable, MIDI mappings are with your mixer.  Yet,  you keep treating it as non necessary. Stop moving shit around and set the routes already. 
And. Share em too.
(04-14-2023, 10:16 AM)Todd@Harrison Wrote:
(04-14-2023, 09:34 AM)simonzc Wrote: However I can't see any input level/clip indicators on the inputs (One of those buttons light up dual use maybe ?)

There is an input signal LED below each of the Gain knobs.

There is also a stereo output meter around the master knob.

Todd

Got it !
Thanks Todd, photo not quite sharp enough to read the text etc.
Guess we'll see the official info soon.