Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Mixer Scenes.
I would love to see more mixer scenes.

When would you need more than eight? (I hear MMM ask.)
Simple - when you use MIXBUS as a FOH mixer. We have a scratch band which plays the odd charity gig and we rehearse in the studio. Instead of bringing in loads of gear each time we started to DI everything through the Behringer UMC 1820 and into MIXBUS 10. Each instrument has a separate channel with on-board EQ and compression, plus a range of effects plugins and then we set up a mix. Using the mixer scenes we can store up to eight different configurations to suit different songs, all with instant recall. It's brilliant. We now plan to take this system on the road and use the Mix Busses assigned to foldback strips to create PA zones. Now, we're talking about small venues in the region of 300/400 people, but there's no reason why this system could not be scaled up to run a full concert rig. If this idea should catch on, then more mixer scenes would be invaluable. Maybe swap the current system for a hot key+number, providing unlimited scenes?

I'd be interested in thoughts and comments.
+1    ...and make it possible to align a mixer scene to a range or CD marker when exporting and running a project.

I'm currently mixing a live concert with 13 songs, and the result it's over 1 hour and 15 minutes long. The whole concert is in one project and every song has its range, similar to when one masters an entire album.

So say, 20 or "unlimited" numbers of mixing scenes would be nice.  :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
I think it is good as it is. mixer scenes are good, when you qant to check some settings in comparison fast. For the long CD or Liveconcert thing I would do that with automations, so you cannot forget switching scene before rendering (perhaps a scene to automation at selected range would be a nice function to have.. probably solvable via scripting as well).
And for the Live thing, well I see that, but does harrsion not had a seperate software for live? Think it would clutter the scenes thing a bit up.. But of course: Perhaps it is just me seeing possible issues.
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
The featurelist of V10 says that there is a new mixer scenes sequence feature, but nobody explains what it is about and how to use it.
Mac Pro 5,1 | 6x 3,4Ghz | 48GB | OS X 10.14  | Macbook Pro M1 | 16GB | OS X 14.4 | Metric Halo 2882 3d 
http://www.sounddesign-pro.com
As an alternative to my desire for more mixer scenes, I could do the job with snapshots, but the access method is too involved - change to the EDIT screen, open the edit sidebar, open the snapshots tab, change back to the mixer screen. Now if you were to replace that lot with a hot key straight to the snapshot list......
This could be a cool feature, some of the ideas in this thread are gold.
(05-09-2024, 08:48 AM)ROG Wrote: Using the mixer scenes we can store up to eight different configurations to suit different songs, all with instant recall.

You already have 12! Somehow only 8 are mentioned in the Mix Window and have buttons but there are shortcuts for 12 (default F1, F2,.... , F12)
Yes, you're absolutely right. Well only eleven actually, because F10 doesn't appear to work as a mixer scene - it opens the SESSION dialogue instead.
(05-14-2024, 07:34 AM)ROG Wrote: Yes, you're absolutely right. Well only eleven actually, because F10 doesn't appear to work as a mixer scene - it opens the SESSION dialogue instead.

Keycommands are your friend  Wink
Mac Pro 5,1 | 6x 3,4Ghz | 48GB | OS X 10.14  | Macbook Pro M1 | 16GB | OS X 14.4 | Metric Halo 2882 3d 
http://www.sounddesign-pro.com