Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Latency bug when looping.
(02-06-2021, 08:04 PM)Flagfoot Wrote: Jumping in to say that I also have been having the midi note shift issue since 32c-6.

https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/threa...l#pid55213
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
The Linux Support solution (alignment) didn't work for me. Mentioned it in my original Mac Support post https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thread-9860.html. Probably got buried.
But I found a different solution - for me at least - disabling metronome count-in.
(02-06-2021, 08:04 PM)Flagfoot Wrote: Jumping in to say that I also have been having the midi note shift issue since 32c-6.

Regarding latency anomalies, I'm getting latency variation among tracks in stem export now. Got to love manually aligning stems. Super pro.
Smelling to me like individual instances of specific plugins introduce (and in some cases even report and allow for adjustment in the plugin gui) their own latency without talking to Mixbus about it.

I started a general thread to report plugin anomalies to the devs. Add your list of suspects there if you have time. Sounds like they've been sniping plugin issues basically one at a time, especially with the introduction of whole latency compensation in V6, so it couldn't hurt to give them a list of suspects.

Thanks for the input Flagfoot, I'll see if I an get a list of the current problem plugins.

At the moment I'm tracking in Mixbus, exporting to Logic and importing back into Mixbus for the pre master. MB has excellent import/export features, easy tracking workflow and I like the editing features too. Logic just feels more stable for mixing. I really appreciate the latency compensation in MB, as long as it works.
Just to update, V7 seems to have solved the issue. Big thumbs up for that!
I spoke too soon. It's back.
Looping a section with UVI Drum Replacer active doesn't sync. Running the transport normally syncs fine.

What blows my mind is that it does the same to a printed track (stem export - import) of that same drum replacement, even though it hasn't got any plugins on it, but the plugin is active on the muted original track !?!
(12-05-2020, 01:51 AM)Harrygodo Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 05:17 PM)JB Berg Wrote: Hi,

I've been having a strange problem since my last MB update. If I'm running any gate or replacer plugins on a track the plug plays back out of sync, but only in loop mode. If I hit L, it plays back all jumbled up, but realigns instantly when I hit L again. Something is up with the latency compensation.

Been moving projects over to Logic because I'm not seeing a way around this. Anyone else experienced this?

Cheers,
JB

Hi, I can confirm the bug and another : when I record a midi track with virtual instrument with preroll or precount , the first notes recorded does not appear in the start of the pattern, and for moments all the notes are nudged !! I think this is related with delay compensation or midi bug. This on Mac OS Catalina !!

+1
Cool
This issue also occurs on WIN 10 when looping with a drum replacer plugin like Slate Trigger2. Does not seem to be OS related.
Intel i9-10920X @3,5GHz, 32 GB RAM, Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2 TB, SSD 860 PRO 2 TB, SSD 870 EVO Plus 1 TB, Mixbus 32c 7.x, Nuendo, Reaper, WIN 10 Pro, RME UFX+, Ferrofish A16 MKII, Faderport 16, AOC Monitor 32", K+H O300, K+S Tiny C5, analog outboard gear (Tegeler RC Creme + RZM, SSL Fusion, Neve 511 ...)

Just realised it's on hardware inserts too.
I patched in a compressor to a vocal track and it plays out of sync with a duplicated fx track when in loop mode.

Frustrating.
I always A-B stuff in loop mode, now I have to try to disregard the unintentional chorus effect.
I just bought the new Eventide EQ and MB is going the same thing with it on. With the plugin active, when in loop mode, the track plays back delayed and instantly lines up when not in loop mode. So it's not just sound replacement plugins, can be on anything.
(11-10-2021, 09:43 PM)JB Berg Wrote: I just bought the new Eventide EQ and MB is going the same thing with it on. With the plugin active, when in loop mode, the track plays back delayed and instantly lines up when not in loop mode. So it's not just sound replacement plugins, can be on anything.

I thought it was only me but i have this exact same problem.
I got the new eventide splitEQ and is impossible to loop a section . A lot of problem looping while delay compensation is active, it just doesn't work.
I see now it´s a long time mistake going on.