Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Latency bug when looping.
(01-27-2021, 05:25 AM)wango Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 07:12 PM)JB Berg Wrote: This issue is still not resolved for me. Did send a project file to support.
Anyone else had similar issues lately?
I'm on Mojave on my main Mac. Thinking of upgrading to Catalina but not Big Sur yet. Don't know if it would help.

I confirm, in my case there's a latency issue when looping with a tom gate inserted on a track.
Latency is compensated being in play mode.
(Mojave - Mac Pro)

Thanks. I'm just about to start editing a metal project which will need kick replacement. I loop regions all the time and this will not be possible. Too bad since I really like manually editing on Mixbus. Also can't run the plugin and print to a new kick track since I haven't found a way to do this in sync on mixbus.

Edit:
Did manage to print a kick replacement track through exporting and importing. Slightly more difficult without any looping when massaging the plugin but did work.
Ok, so now it's doing it on other plugins as well. I just opened a session with Fab Filter Eq's all over it and they are doing the same. I cut them and put them back and looping works again. But that's no way to work.
(01-30-2021, 09:36 AM)JB Berg Wrote: Ok, so now it's doing it on other plugins as well. I just opened a session with Fab Filter Eq's all over it and they are doing the same. I cut them and put them back and looping works again. But that's no way to work.

I have spent this morning trying to replicate this issue and can only get it to happen (Latency not correcting) when Inserting a plugin whilst in Loop or by bypassing a plugin whilst in Loop.
It seems that the PDC needs an engine stop when inserting / bypassing plugins with large processing delays.

I have tested VST3 and LV2 with: Fabfilter Q2 (natural phase 320spl) and FF_Pro_MB,XT-DM (240spl), XT-SC (512spl) and AVA-SC (512spl) and cannot fault Loop in playback mode.

What I also found is that Fab Filter Q3 (3.17_VST3) when switched to Natural or Linear Phase will randomly drop PDC in Play or Loop, the UI also 'grabs' the attention of mouse and when the stub is highlighted will not 'let go' until you reopen the UI and attention another item. 

I have let the developers know about this.

Are you finding something different to this behaviour ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(01-30-2021, 09:53 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 09:36 AM)JB Berg Wrote: Ok, so now it's doing it on other plugins as well. I just opened a session with Fab Filter Eq's all over it and they are doing the same. I cut them and put them back and looping works again. But that's no way to work.

I have spent this morning trying to replicate this issue and can only get it to happen (Latency not correcting) when Inserting a plugin whilst in Loop or by bypassing a plugin whilst in Loop.
It seems that the PDC needs an engine stop when inserting / bypassing plugins with large processing delays.

I have tested VST3 and LV2 with: Fabfilter Q2 (natural phase 320spl) and FF_Pro_MB,XT-DM (240spl), XT-SC (512spl) and AVA-SC (512spl) and cannot fault Loop in playback mode.

What I also found is that Fab Filter Q3 (3.17_VST3) when switched to Natural or Linear Phase will randomly drop PDC in Play or Loop, the UI also 'grabs' the attention of mouse and when the stub is highlighted will not 'let go' until you reopen the UI and attention another item. 

I have let the developers know about this.

Are you finding something different to this behaviour ?

Thanks Dingo, appreciate the help. 
For me it happens whenever a replacement/gate plugin is active and sometimes on other plugins right away when opening a session. I'll see if the settings within Fabfilter make a difference.
Do you think upgrading to Catalina would do anything?
Well I tested on Mojave. When you say drum replacement, what plugins exactly are giving you grief ?
I would avoid Fab Filter Q3 (or leave it in zero latency) and use Q2 if you have it.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Why would you avoid FF Q3 specifially? I don't have the Q2 version, but I use the Q3 a lot. I tend to use natural phase, to me it sounds better. I also use upsampling when possible.

So far I've noticed latency with the XT Tom Gate, FF Gate, FF Q3, SPL DrumXchanger and UVI Drum Replacer.
(02-01-2021, 11:02 AM)JB Berg Wrote: Why would you avoid FF Q3 specifially? I don't have the Q2 version, but I use the Q3 a lot. I tend to use natural phase, to me it sounds better. I also use upsampling when possible.

So far I've noticed latency with the XT Tom Gate, FF Gate, FF Q3, SPL DrumXchanger and UVI Drum Replacer.

Per my previous post I think there is a PDC issue with FF3 (VST3) in Natural Phase or Linear Phase both in Play and Loop. 
If you are trying to track through your system, Zero Latency is the way to reduce delays in monitoring. When mixing you can flip back to Natural which incurs a processing delay of 320 samples.

I have tested Fab Filter Pro-G (VST3) and cannot fault the delay compensation in Loop motion when there is no Look Ahead.
When Look Ahead is engaged the Delay Comp figure does update (480 spl) but the plugin does not compensate in either Play or Loop until a Stop Start.

Interestingly Pro G in AU compensates fine in Loop.
I try not to track with plugins as I can't get them into the cue mixes anyway. Mixbus crashes below 128 samples when recording several tracks, without any plugins, so I set up the mixes from my interface.
I don't really understand why this problem is specific to Mixbus but just working around it now.
Thanks
Every day there's a new plugin that can't be used in loop mode. it's affecting my mix decisions as I think I'm hearing delays where there aren't any. I'm also noticing that when I load a session, some plugins are turned off and have gone to default settings, so I have to go through them all and set them again.
Something's not right with my Mixbus, it didn't do this before.
Jumping in to say that I also have been having the midi note shift issue since 32c-6.

Regarding latency anomalies, I'm getting latency variation among tracks in stem export now. Got to love manually aligning stems. Super pro.
Smelling to me like individual instances of specific plugins introduce (and in some cases even report and allow for adjustment in the plugin gui) their own latency without talking to Mixbus about it.

I started a general thread to report plugin anomalies to the devs. Add your list of suspects there if you have time. Sounds like they've been sniping plugin issues basically one at a time, especially with the introduction of whole latency compensation in V6, so it couldn't hurt to give them a list of suspects.