Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Latency bug when looping.
Hi,

I've been having a strange problem since my last MB update. If I'm running any gate or replacer plugins on a track the plug plays back out of sync, but only in loop mode. If I hit L, it plays back all jumbled up, but realigns instantly when I hit L again. Something is up with the latency compensation.

Been moving projects over to Logic because I'm not seeing a way around this. Anyone else experienced this?

Cheers,
JB
(12-04-2020, 05:17 PM)JB Berg Wrote: Hi,

I've been having a strange problem since my last MB update. If I'm running any gate or replacer plugins on a track the plug plays back out of sync, but only in loop mode. If I hit L, it plays back all jumbled up, but realigns instantly when I hit L again. Something is up with the latency compensation.

Been moving projects over to Logic because I'm not seeing a way around this. Anyone else experienced this?

Cheers,
JB

Hi, I can confirm the bug and another : when I record a midi track with virtual instrument with preroll or precount , the first notes recorded does not appear in the start of the pattern, and for moments all the notes are nudged !! I think this is related with delay compensation or midi bug. This on Mac OS Catalina !!
(12-04-2020, 05:17 PM)JB Berg Wrote: I've been having a strange problem since my last MB update. If I'm running any gate or replacer plugins on a track the plug plays back out of sync, but only in loop mode. If I hit L, it plays back all jumbled up, but realigns instantly when I hit L again. Something is up with the latency compensation.

Have you shared this with the developers? mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Ok, thanks. It's not just on my system then, thankfully. I haven't had the midi problem since I don't really use midi on Mixbus.

Yes, I've been in contact with support. I'll need to send a project over for them to try and replicate the problem.
(12-05-2020, 07:49 PM)JB Berg Wrote: Yes, I've been in contact with support. I'll need to send a project over for them to try and replicate the problem.

That's cool - and will help everyone.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
I wonder if this is related to the same thing. When I record a midi, the notes settle into place. As soon as I stop recording, they jump a little to the beginning of the song. It is clearly visible on the screen. Really annoying.

So this is on the Linux side. AvLinux MXE the latest. On the Windows side, I haven't tested yet

I wonder if this is related to the same thing. When I record a midi, the notes settle into place. As soon as I stop recording, they jump a little to the beginning of the song. It is clearly visible on the screen. Really annoying.

So this is on the Linux side. AvLinux MXE the latest. On the Windows side, I haven't tested yet
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

It's worse than I thought, it's not just during mixing. Everything recorded while in loop mode is out of sync. Recording without loop mode works.

On the upside, I'm starting to get the hang of Logic...

I'll try to record something basic, drums and guitar, add some snare replacements and loop record strumming over it and send it over to support to see if they can make sense of it.

cheers
The out of sync while looping using OSX. Saving, closing, then re-opening heals everything. It's only certain channels with certain plugins though, so I can turn the plugins off and loop if I have to and it's less maddening.
This issue is still not resolved for me. Did send a project file to support.
Anyone else had similar issues lately?
I'm on Mojave on my main Mac. Thinking of upgrading to Catalina but not Big Sur yet. Don't know if it would help.
(01-26-2021, 07:12 PM)JB Berg Wrote: This issue is still not resolved for me. Did send a project file to support.
Anyone else had similar issues lately?
I'm on Mojave on my main Mac. Thinking of upgrading to Catalina but not Big Sur yet. Don't know if it would help.

I confirm, in my case there's a latency issue when looping with a tom gate inserted on a track.
Latency is compensated being in play mode.
(Mojave - Mac Pro)