Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi notes shift when recording stops
Was working fine earlier today with 32c-6.1. Just installed 32c-6.2.200.

Upon stopping recording, all midi notes shift left half a bar within their region. Happens in both align modes. Happens with PDC enabled/disabled. Notes show up correctly while recording. Without enough preroll, the note shift is destructive and the first half bar of notes is deleted. Audio works fine, it's just the midi notes shifting.

Feel like an idiot - what setting did I screw up? Why half a bar?
More info:
Current workaround is to have a couple bars of preroll.
The midi notes appear to move AFTER stopping the recording. In other words, they record correctly, then after the transport stops, all the notes shift left a full bar (now it's a bar.) Smells like a new tool or setting, not a bug.

Can someone point me to where I can turn this off?
Still experiencing this. Would love someone to point me in the right direction.

Now using 4 bars of pre-roll because sometimes the notes shift 2 bars to the left after I stop recording.
Hello, Flagfoot -
I recommend that you install the latest version of MB/MB32C - 6.2.270.
If the issue exist there, then Harrison will have a proper base release to replicate the issue on.

Cheers!
Patrick
Hey, Flagfoot -

You might also want to check out a similar thread under the Linux section.
A solution was posted there.

Cheers!
Patrick
https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/threa...l#pid55213
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Already tested this (align with capture time - mentioned in my original post) and it didn't fix the issue. Tested it again, now with 6.2.270, just now to confirm. All three align modes address latency in different ways, but do not address the 1 or 2 bar shift to the left. Not saying it doesn't work for other users. Definitely reply if it works for you too. Just not on my rig.

HOWEVER

Just found another solution: disabling metronome count-in (in session properties) solves the problem for me.

Appears that the midi notes shift left however many beats the count-in is.

Thankfully Preroll has no effect on note shift. Also found out that the metronome count-in can no longer be adjusted. Sad to see that setting go away. But Preroll (introduced in V4) pretty much makes count-in obsolete. I just get warm and fuzzy hearing the clicks, getting into the mindset, and then hearing the cue come in. Never gotten sentimental over a metronome before.