Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG NEWS: Harrison Joins Solid State Logic
(04-12-2023, 02:49 AM)Jostein Wrote: Maybe Harrison Consoles will be the one that actually makes Audiotonix's sub-brands more Linux-friendly? I don't know what the future brings and one has to be on the alert no matter the operating system. The Linux platform does for the moment not have the likes of Melodyne and several other nifty and useful programs, but it's getting better and better all the time IMO.
That's what joining forces is about, alliances that aid mutual advancements.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-11-2023, 06:30 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: What will happen to the Ardour project? It could well be that SSL forks the existing code base and withdraws the Ardour support and partnership.

Doubtful - but an interesting thought... SSL once bought into the SoundScape DAW but they seemed to keep it all very low-key. They've had a long involvement with DAWs over the years but it's often been difficult to make sense of  Sad
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
After all we will see what will come next and you only can hope that the positive effects will be more than the negative effects for this whole thing. There is potential in this and I really cross fingers that Harrison will use this and not change to much as it is the way Harrison does it diffenrent with Mixbus we all love. We don't need another standard DAW, we need Mixbus with some improvements (nothing to crazy, just stability und slight improvements here and there).
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(04-12-2023, 01:42 AM)Dingo Wrote:
(04-11-2023, 06:30 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: great victory for all the Linux haters out there in the audio industry and certainly for Redmond and Cupertino.
Wouldn't be the first time that happens.
MMM
MMM - It's not a matter of Linux haters.
I use macOS because I need a range of applications in the 'real' world that linux just cannot provide.
Yes I may be walking with the devil on the dark side.... but it works, I pay the bills.... that is all I want.
I don't want to lift the hood and pull the motor apart, I am not an IT person just a mixer Smile

Haha yeah that's true. I didn't mean the users, I did mean the vendors. Some of them openly admit it, some play deaf. Sometimes I like to think that Apple is very selective with to whom they reveal their latest API tricks, and so is Microsoft. Vendors who do not play by their rules, will be left behind with every OS update.

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(04-12-2023, 01:57 AM)Lese Wrote: I hope they make a better DAW of Mixbus, or at least make a users poll and ask for improvements in the workflow. In Mac OS the saga continues with v.9 having a sluggish GUI. Anyway, good luck to all and please FIX the F keys in the next Mixbus version!

Read what I replied to Dingo.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(04-12-2023, 05:24 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 01:42 AM)Dingo Wrote:
(04-11-2023, 06:30 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: great victory for all the Linux haters out there in the audio industry and certainly for Redmond and Cupertino.
Wouldn't be the first time that happens.
MMM
MMM - It's not a matter of Linux haters.
I use macOS because I need a range of applications in the 'real' world that linux just cannot provide.
Yes I may be walking with the devil on the dark side.... but it works, I pay the bills.... that is all I want.
I don't want to lift the hood and pull the motor apart, I am not an IT person just a mixer Smile

Haha yeah that's true. I didn't mean the users, I did mean the vendors. Some of them openly admit it, some play deaf. Sometimes I like to think that Apple is very selective with to whom they reveal their latest API tricks, and so is Microsoft. Vendors who do not play by their rules, will be left behind with every OS update.

MMM

In that case, it would be fair to give an official statement about Linux support one way or the other. Because no one wants to upgrade anymore if the support ends soon.
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

These things rarely happen to the advantage of the customers. So why pretending it?
If it was needed in order to save the life of Harrison and their products- so be it, but please: Don't expect your loyal customers to be happy or excited about it- I rather feel alarmed.
Mac Pro 5,1 | 6x 3,4Ghz | 48GB | OS X 10.14  | Macbook Pro M1 | 16GB | OS X 14.4 | Metric Halo 2882 3d 
http://www.sounddesign-pro.com
(04-12-2023, 06:15 AM)Stephan S Wrote: These things rarely happen to the advantage of the customers. So why pretending it?

That's often true Stephan but this could be a great opportunity if handled well.

Last year sometime I read what looked like a standalone broadcast mixer based on the one in Mixbus. If there could be a collaboration to integrate it in SoundScape, that'd create 2 x sister companies with DAW's featuring high quality mixers. It's arguable that neither Mixbus or SoundScape is currently a rival to ProTools but a collaboration like that would really get them both noticed.

Even more so it DiGiCo could be brought on board somehow (some great opportunities here if the players can recognise them...)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
I am hoping for some new hardware that peeps can afford Smile
(04-12-2023, 06:29 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 06:15 AM)Stephan S Wrote: These things rarely happen to the advantage of the customers. So why pretending it?

That's often true Stephan but this could be a great opportunity if handled well.

Last year sometime I read what looked like a standalone broadcast mixer based on the one in Mixbus. If there could be a collaboration to integrate it in SoundScape, that'd create 2 x sister companies with DAW's featuring high quality mixers. It's arguable that neither Mixbus or SoundScape is currently a rival to ProTools but a collaboration like that would really get them both noticed.
True, but you have to remember that loyal Customers made all this possible. And if something is taken away or a heavy price tag is slapped on everything, or for example the license conditions are weakened, it's something other than a good thing.
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7