Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG NEWS: Harrison Joins Solid State Logic
Hello, Mixbus family!

We've got some HUGELY exciting news to share:

Harrison has joined SSL to make a super-group of pro-audio technology!

As you may be aware, SSL are part of the Audiotonix family which also owns pro audio brands Allen & Heath, Calrec, DiGiCo, DiGiGrid, KLANG:technologies, Sound Devices and Slate Digital.

We look forward to serving you, our Mixbus community, with the same passion and pride we've displayed since Mixbus was launched.  With SSL's help, we will be able to deliver on the promises of our DAW platform ... bringing you all the sounds, workflows, and technologies that you've been asking for.  We are very excited about this opportunity to meet and surpass your expectations!

Thanks for your continuing support, and I look forward to your questions and comments via email, our forum, or our social media channels. Happy mixing!

Best Regards,
Ben Loftis
Mixbus Product Manager
Harrison Consoles

Having been part of this business and the pro audio industry since the early 80’s, it feels very apt that we would find our natural home with Solid State Logic and Audiotonix. This alliance provides Harrison a strong future with access to further manufacturing, knowledge in engineering, and expanding our access to new channels and partners which increases our potential to grow this wonderful business. I’m particularly excited for both brands and their customers, as they will all reap the benefits of our sharing of ideas with our SSL colleagues” - Gary Thielman, President, Harrison Consoles

You can read the full press release here:

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/media/us...tate-logic
(04-11-2023, 09:25 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Hello, Mixbus family!

We've got some HUGELY exciting news to share:

Harrison has joined SSL to make a super-group of pro-audio technology!

As you may be aware, SSL are part of the Audiotonix family which also owns pro audio brands Allen & Heath, Calrec, DiGiCo, DiGiGrid, KLANG:technologies, Sound Devices and Slate Digital.

We look forward to serving you, our Mixbus community, with the same passion and pride we've displayed since Mixbus was launched.  With SSL's help, we will be able to deliver on the promises of our DAW platform ... bringing you all the sounds, workflows, and technologies that you've been asking for.  We are very excited about this opportunity to meet and surpass your expectations!

Thanks for your continuing support, and I look forward to your questions and comments via email, our forum, or our social media channels. Happy mixing!

Best Regards,
Ben Loftis
Mixbus Product Manager
Harrison Consoles

Having been part of this business and the pro audio industry since the early 80’s, it feels very apt that we would find our natural home with Solid State Logic and Audiotonix. This alliance provides Harrison a strong future with access to further manufacturing, knowledge in engineering, and expanding our access to new channels and partners which increases our potential to grow this wonderful business. I’m particularly excited for both brands and their customers, as they will all reap the benefits of our sharing of ideas with our SSL colleagues” - Gary Thielman, President, Harrison Consoles

You can read the full press release here:

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/media/us...tate-logic
Hi Ben,

if you say 'hugely exciting' - it seems great. I'm not sure what are exact benefits, but hopefully we will see in near-future.

I'd also like to ask what exactly does this mean for end users (us)? 
- more rapid development
- perhaps partial roadmap for near future? 
- ..more midi implementation Big Grin 
- or...? 

Thanks & looking forward to hear from you!
@dspasic:

It's early days yet ... the purchase was only just completed, and the last few weeks/months were mostly mechanical (accounting, etc)

Now the interesting part begins... and yes I think you can expect a faster development schedule, and a lot of collaboration with our new partners. But for now, our development continues regularly and I'm here working on the v9.1 update.....

Best,
-Ben
(04-11-2023, 09:37 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @dspasic:

It's early days yet ... the purchase was only just completed, and the last few weeks/months were mostly mechanical (accounting, etc)

Now the interesting part begins... and yes I think you can expect a faster development schedule, and a lot of collaboration with our new partners.  But for now,  our development continues regularly and I'm here working on the v9.1 update.....

Best,
-Ben

woo-hoo! Congratulations!
looking forward to itSmile

suggestion: high-scope roadmap would be really appreciated by regular users
Great news !
SSL + harrison = you can create an alternative to PT systems.
Harrison Mixbus 32C V10 Pro| Logic pro X| Linux Ubuntu Studio|Mac os X|HAPI MKII and Anubis|SSL Big Six|
2BOX MKII drumit5|Korg 2600|Ollo Neumann|Avid Dock|Faderport
Thanks @PascalC !
@Harrison / Ardour Staff -

I'd like to convey my most sincere congratulations in this event!
Upon initial news it seems like a great move indeed and I can only think of
how MB, MB32C and Harrison Plugins will improve in the upcoming months.
Here's to a long and successful relationship!

Cheers & Beers!
Patrick
Is there a plan to continue Linux support?
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

(04-11-2023, 10:15 AM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: Is there a plan to continue Linux support?

why would it go away?
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
Thanks @PBuryk! I wish I could have told some of you sooner, but these things generally occur under strict NDA. Thanks for your long-time support!!!!

@Sojuzstudio: I don't anticipate any immediate changes wrt linux support. We're certainly continuing our developments with the expectation that linux will continue. Personally I'm a huge linux fan and user. On the other hand, for my 'real' audio tasks I use a mac.

-Ben