Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsubscribe Harrison! Too many e mails
Reluctantly I have just unsubscribed from the Harrison mailing list.

In replying to complain, very politely, to a recent deluge of Spectral Compressor mailings (I already have it in Mixbus version) - the reply more or less said - "But we've found these bombardments highly effective in selling more plugins!".....I find I can no longer tolerate this mass marketing - I'm on a very poor internet connection deep in the heart of rural France and every bit of data counts. Apart from anything else it's just not good business to market a product to someone who already has it. Someone in Harrison's marketing department needs access to the sales department data....

And, this is the reason I wasn't able to be alerted to the Mixbus 32C version 6 upgrade discount a few months ago - I remember now that I'd unsubscribed some time ago for the exact same reason - and only heard about it on the grapevine. Fortunately despite the cutoff date having passed, Harrison were good enough to let me have the coupon.

I know others have complained on here about their over-zealous marketing, and fortunately, as the product is so damn good we seem to overlook these annoyances. But a sophisticated CRM is not beyond the capabilities of a company that builds the best DAW surely? Hire someone in!
I think it's not so much over-zealous marketing and more like poor data management and filtering.
I only receive news about updates and rarely any mail for things I already own.

But from your experience it does sound like the mail filtering needs a bit of work at Harrisons end.
It's the same with newspapers I subscribed to.
There are many articles that are not interesting to me.
But some.
iMac 5K Retina, i7, 32GB RAM, 512GB Flash, Catalina; Harrison Mixbus 32Cv6; Nuendo 10; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; Qcon Pro G2; Genelec 8020A & 7040APM
Except you don't receive everyday the SAME article!
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
I bought Mixbus32C - and used it since - the very first month it was released for the first time.

Should I worry about the Mixbus32C product coming to an eventual end, as this 'sounds' like a desperate corporate move:

Subject: Spectral Compressor Offer!
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 14:59:28 +000

Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 14:14:27 +0000

Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 14:44:22 +0000

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 15:44:28 +0000

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 14:44:25 +0000
I would be happy in this rotten globalized world if my only biggest problem were the dally emails from Harrison.
Unfortunately we are facing a billion times bigger programs.
Period.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
OK point taken but why start another thread about the same topic ?
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-9145.html
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(06-16-2020, 03:02 PM)Tassy Wrote: I would be happy in this rotten globalized world if my only biggest problem were the dally emails from Harrison.
Unfortunately we are facing a billion times bigger programs.
Period.

100% agree.
It needs 3 mouse clicks to delete them.
It needs much more to complain about here.
iMac 5K Retina, i7, 32GB RAM, 512GB Flash, Catalina; Harrison Mixbus 32Cv6; Nuendo 10; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; Qcon Pro G2; Genelec 8020A & 7040APM
(06-16-2020, 03:02 PM)Tassy Wrote: I would be happy in this rotten globalized world if my only biggest problem were the dally emails from Harrison. Unfortunately we are facing a billion times bigger programs. Period.

... Blissfully not wondering if the company is about to go under. Same applies to Till's subsequent comment.
(06-16-2020, 03:42 PM)jonetsu Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 03:02 PM)Tassy Wrote: I would be happy in this rotten globalized world if my only biggest problem were the dally emails from Harrison. Unfortunately we are facing a billion times bigger programs. Period.

... Blissfully not wondering if the company is about to go under. Same applies to Till's subsequent comment.

And giving them a hard time about emails is surely helping heaps, right?
As Tassy said: if only emails were a problem...
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths