Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsubscribe Harrison! Too many e mails
Ben- there is no way spamming people is a good long term strategy, no matter what the new kids in marketing are telling you.
(06-17-2020, 10:57 PM)atlasrecrd Wrote: Ben- there is no way spamming people is a good long term strategy, no matter what the new kids in marketing are telling you.

Ben, deleting the marketing spam is really no big deal, be handy if you could get the marketing boffins to ensure all version upgrade notifications arrive for everyone. Instead of informing us we we complain 'that we must have unsubscribed' when we know it absolutely was not the case.
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, 16Gb memory, Intel i5 quad 4 (3,450Mhz), Audient ID22,
Reaper, 32C Ver5.1 (Rev 5'1), 32C Version 6
Quote:This means that we have new people in our marketing dept, and they new ideas that they want to explore

I am impressed by the new ideas the new marketing kids at Harrison have. Sending one mail by day to all the database at the same hour, wow, thats such a cool and new idea. I am sure noone thought of that before. Do these guys pass here sometimes and do they understand that they piss off their old customers?
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
(06-17-2020, 01:45 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: we have new people in our marketing dept

Did they previously work in real-estate by any chance..?

About 4 years ago I was looking to buy a new house. Some estate agents would email me two or three times a month whereas others would email me every day - and if I'm honest, I favoured the daily ones. Those agents gave the impression of being more professional somehow and more attentive - BUT - they were sending details of different houses every day. If they'd been sending the exact same details day after day, I'm pretty sure I'd have ended up going somewhere else... Sad
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
To everyone concerned with Harrison spam - there is one very simple solution to this problem of spamming:

1. Simply create a folder in your email client and mark it 'Harrison'.
2. Set up a 'filter' to bypass the inbox and place any messages from Harrison into the Harrison folder.

In gmail this is done by going to settings and clicking the 'filters and block addresses' tab and creating a filter to bypass the inbox and place messages into the Harrison folder.

This is what I have done and is much better than blocking or unsubscribing as you then miss an email you may have wanted. You can then look in the Harrison folder when you want and you will never see another Harrison message unless you want to go look it out.
Balanced life...balanced mix...open your mind...anything is possible
(06-18-2020, 03:16 AM)willecho Wrote: To everyone concerned with Harrison spam - there is one very simple solution to this problem of spamming:...
Idea

And if this is too difficult for you, you may take under consideration, if audio engineering is the right hobby for you.
iMac 5K Retina, i7, 32GB RAM, 512GB Flash, Catalina; Harrison Mixbus 32Cv6; Nuendo 10; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; Qcon Pro G2; Genelec 8020A & 7040APM
(06-18-2020, 03:16 AM)willecho Wrote: To everyone concerned with Harrison spam - there is one very simple solution to this problem of spamming:

2. Set up a 'filter' to bypass the inbox and place any messages from Harrison into the Harrison folder.

Speaking of bypass, it looks as if you joyously bypassed the oft expressed notion in this thread and the other that the concern is about the image and reputation of the company.

It is not about how to hide the head in the sand.

(06-18-2020, 04:07 AM)Till Wrote: And if this is too difficult for you, you may take under consideration, if audio engineering is the right hobby for you.

Interesting notion. Can you expand on this ? Last week I created my 744th sketch in almost 4 years, some of them going into elaborate stages and not published on soundcloud, some are. I have 20K+ listens on soundcloud, never used a 'boosting' strategy to attract listeners or to artificially created some, as many are offering.

All exclusively mixed and mastered using Mixbus32C on Linux.
(06-18-2020, 07:11 AM)jonetsu Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 03:16 AM)willecho Wrote: To everyone concerned with Harrison spam - there is one very simple solution to this problem of spamming:

Speaking of bypass, it looks as if you joyously bypassed the oft expressed notion in this thread and the other that the concern is about the image and reputation of the company.

It is not about how to hide the head in the sand.

(06-18-2020, 04:07 AM)Till Wrote: And if this is too difficult for you, you may take under consideration, if audio engineering is the right hobby for you.

Interesting notion. Can you expand on this ? Last week I created my 744th sketch in almost 4 years, some of them going into elaborate stages and not published on soundcloud, some are. I have 20K+ listens on soundcloud, never used a 'boosting' strategy to attract listeners or to artificially created some, as many are offering.

All exclusively mixed and mastered using Mixbus32C on Linux.

Sorry, you've lost me there!..
Regarding the first point: it is of no concern of mine regarding the branding of Mixbus or its image within the marketplace...I just mix on it...just forwarding a solution to a problem people are having...

Second point: I don't see the relevance of your music on soundcloud to the thread of spamming...am I missing something?
Balanced life...balanced mix...open your mind...anything is possible
As my dad would say, "C'mon, kids, fight nice!"
(06-18-2020, 02:59 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 01:45 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: we have new people in our marketing dept

Did they previously work in real-estate by any chance..?

About 4 years ago I was looking to buy a new house. Some estate agents would email me two or three times a month whereas others would email me every day - and if I'm honest, I favoured the daily ones. Those agents gave the impression of being more professional somehow and more attentive - BUT - they were sending details of different houses every day. If they'd been sending the exact same details day after day, I'm pretty sure I'd have ended up going somewhere else... Sad

No comparison!!!
In your case you were looking for a product and they sent you daily emails with those product for you to choose, because somehow you asked them to.
In this case they are sending ADs of products you are not interested. This is considered Spam.
Kids on marketing should review their procedures before Harrison's image is in the toilet.