Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsubscribe Harrison! Too many e mails
I never get any email from Harrison anymore. Sad
(06-16-2020, 08:31 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: And giving them a hard time about emails is surely helping heaps, right?

Because showing proof and asking why is giving a hard time ? Is the answer so difficult to formulate ? The Slovenian band Laibach was invited by Kim Jong-Un although it seems that Kim Jong-Un is inviting himself surreptitiously into the hearts of some isn't it.
Quote:I would be happy in this rotten globalized world if my only biggest problem were the dally emails from Harrison.
Unfortunately we are facing a billion times bigger programs.
This means that as long as there are bigger problems, you don't care about small ones, which means that as long as there are big polluters on the planet, you will throw your plastic-straws out of the window in the nature. Tassy, your grand children will love you for this attitude.

Quote:OK point taken but why start another thread about the same topic ?
Maybe because Harrison doesn't do any statement. You work for Harrison? So, can you get an answer from Harrison why they spam their customers?

Quote:The Slovenian band Laibach...
OMG, someone here knows Laibach, cooool.
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
This thread is getting ad hominem and ugly.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Ugly as spam.
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
The emails dont bother me.
I just chalk it up to a small company trying to keep this DAW going in an ever more saturated field of DAW's. The fact that UA has essentially followed suite with LULA tells me Harrison was way ahead of the curve. The fact that employees reply to this forum, own up to oversights and take interest in topics is not something I have ever seen on LP forum (infact the main knowledge guy on the LP forums finally got hired by apple a yr or so ago). With a small company your going to have a less professional approach. I find it a virtue. I would rather have the resources go to development than a perfect PR/advertising scheme.
OSX, i9 10850k, 64GB, MixBus 32C, Logic Pro X, Metric Halo ULN8 3d & 2882 3d, Icon Qcon Pro X & Icon Qcon Pro XS
(06-16-2020, 03:02 PM)Tassy Wrote: I would be happy in this rotten globalized world if my only biggest problem were the dally emails from Harrison.
Unfortunately we are facing a billion times bigger programs.
Period.
Yeah, but those bigger ones are too big for me to solve. So try to solve ones that are possible to solve. For example, great company like Harrison spoiling their public image with such violent spamming.

I have 2 licenses for MB, both with different emails, and now I have unsubscribed both of them.
Linux veteran and music novice
Follow inspiration, not trends!
(06-17-2020, 08:17 AM)whiskeynipple0088 Wrote: With a small company your going to have a less professional approach. I find it a virtue. I would rather have the resources go to development than a perfect PR/advertising scheme.

I know nothing of UA, LULA, LP.

But I agree that I find it extraordinary that owners, developers are interacting with customers. I like a lot Rob Papen for that and his videos. I do not have enough praise for Vojtech at Melda Productions (whose spectral analyzer costs $300 by the way - I have all 107 Melda plugins) who can get out of his way to provide a debug version of MDrummer for troubleshooting on a platform he does not even support (Linux). Not enough praise. And I respond with loyalty. Who else, Urs (owner) and Howard at u-he. Markus (owner and developer) at Tone2.

The image of a company, like it or not, has a percentage to do in getting products from a company and moreover to follow a company. The image of the brand plays a good part, moreover with small companies whose knitting of good social media relations is often very important.
For those of you who are long-time customers, I apologize for the multiple emails. It's not how we did business in the past, and I know that it irks some of you.

Nevertheless it has been very effective for us.

Mixbus is growing from a very niche product to one that has quite a large audience. This means that we have new people in our marketing dept, and they new ideas that they want to explore. As the product manager, I'd be doing myself a disservice if I tried to overrule them all the time.

The easiest way to stop being bothered with emails is to buy the upgrade Smile

If you are getting duplicate emails, it's likely because you are subscribed to our system with multiple emails. Just send us a note and we'll try to sort it out.

Now: back to developing consoles, Mixbus and plugins Smile

Best,
-Ben
Thanks Ben for your reply. Is there a way to not get the AVA/plugins blurbs (I have all plugins, Linux version) and only to get - in my case - Mixbus32C notifications ?

I still think that these new guys should 'pay' more attention to what is actually a spamming practice in regards of the image of the company. Short term gains might not extend to long term gains. Especially if these new guys are in to show how good they are at marketing.

Cheers.