Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus32c v6.0.0
Nice overall. The first biggest change are the tracks' colors which are now subdued. In the editor view only the wave forms are now colorized, not the track themselves. In the mixer view, only the letters of each track's name is colorized, instead of the full labels. So that's quite a change since the colors were used as a very visible way to spot tracks. Also, the condensed view of tracks at the bottom of the edit view is not of a uniform color.

So that might just be getting used to it, not that much of a big deal. First reaction is that I preferred the previous way - is there a way to toggle it back ?

That the sends/eq visibility can be toggled is great. The will allow unbridled use of the strips to focus selected plugin params for quick access.

The plugins were not recognized at install, had to do a rescan. Might be some optimization to be done there. Effectively, since the previous version plugin paths were OK, why wouldn't they still be OK with the newest version upgrade ?

The sound is superb. So far only quickly loaded a current mix, and it sounds very good. Does it sound better than the latest v5 ? Don't know, but it surely sounds nice. Mellow with the feeling that there's ample headroom to push some elements.

With the latest v5 I noticed that now the Faderport seems to be not only recognized, but also connected. I assume that this improvement is carried over in v6 (haven't tried it yet)

Also, the UI quirks I recently described with v5 do not seem to happen so far.

All in all, very nice.

Cheers.

Will there be a fully comprehensive, practical listing + demo of the new features ?
Regarding colors: Yes, you can switch back to the old look by visiting Preferences->Appearance->Editor: Region Color follows Track color"
I've only watched the video so far but wow it looks great! Nice job! I hope to update soon!
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
(02-11-2020, 10:39 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Regarding colors: Yes, you can switch back to the old look by visiting Preferences->Appearance->Editor: Region Color follows Track color"

Yes, this works very well. OTOH, the mixer view has no such option. Adding the colorized fader option helps. I guess it could be just a matter of getting used to it, though the missing squarely visible track colors of previous versions leaves some kind of impression that a visual anchor point is missing.
Install went well,

same as above, I need to rescan plugins , no problem.

When open a previous 32c5 session the monitor section where gone and reviving the section lost the plugins in there. no big deal though. [got this solved: I ended up opening an older snapshot, so my mistake]

Big congrats to this release!!

edit:

on my 4k 24" screen the Equalizer section and the sends section is totally not readable. even when i change the scale to 140%.
Just upgraded!
Initial feelings is very good.
32c feels more solid, more professional, workflow is a tiny bit different due to eq section reorganized. For example eq switch on/off now on the top of section. But it's a matter of time to get used to it.
That eq and sends windows are great idea.
Didn't try a full session yet though. Just a quick look at the new version.
Best

Отправлено с моего AUM-L41 через Tapatalk
Looks fantastic on my 43" monitor. I'm a Plugin Member. I am so happy to support the developers of the only DAW I have ever and will ever successfully use.
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
Color themes changed
unzip here C: \ Program Files \ Mixbus32C-6 \ share \ ardour6 \ themes

to choose here

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   themes_Mixbus32c-6.zip (Size: 22.16 KB / Downloads: 15)
Are there plans to implement ARA and/or audio stretch/bend ala Studio One? Just curious. I got Mixbus 32Cv4 when Sonar went kaput (have the new free one but don't use it). Also got Studio One. I like the easy workflow of Mixbus and of course the sound but I do prefer S1 for editing. I did a couple of songs where I recorded and edited in S1 and imported the stems to Mixbus to mix and it worked well but it's also just faster to do everything in S1. I'll upgrade to 6 just to keep up with the versions and likely try a couple of quick tunes to import and mix in the new version but would really like to see some advanced audio editing. Not a knock, I do really like Mixbus.
Got it - love it - did a first draft mix on it which needs a bit of tweaking. When I first started using MixBus32C-5 I suggested it needed FX sends in the busses, which it now has in an 8 into 4 configuration. Great to see my first request come to fruition- must have been come to notice by a few users then.

Yes I’m happy to learn the old/track / fader color schemes can be turned back on !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk