Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus32c v6.0.0
(02-13-2020, 07:51 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 07:37 AM)Arionas Wrote: V6 has bring to the table many functions and workflows I was waiting for long.
The ability to switch on/off the eq and send sections is great so far.
However is the there any way to be both sections on?
I tried using shift, cmd, ctrl, alt +click but nada.

In the preferences, appearance, on the bottom: "Allow the EQ, SENDS and input... ==> tick this. Now you can switch them all on/off separately, so you can even have NO EQ/send/input panels.

MMM

Thanks MMM,
unfortunately this doesn't work with my 27" 1920 x 1080 monitor..
It says it requires at least 1200 pixels height
Windows 10, Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro, UAD 2 octo, http://www.youtube.com/user/NikosPitloglou/videos
Question 
In v5 i could see the whole mixer and sends. I think you guys jumped the shark. There's plenty of space for eq and sends but your setup has excluded me. I never use the comments section and I'm sure there could be other ways to tackle this by letting sections be customizable. In a perfect world id like to see the signal flow but removing the signal flow section with toggle commands would be more sensible than excluding people, the previous version worked great. I'm using a massive tv screen which is only 200 lines different in height and its only a few years old. It seems absolutely ridiculous that all this real estate on the mixer is unable to show eq and sends.
As for the VCA section, there could be meters there too. I'm using this a lot in the previous version and there is a massive gap that i lay the meter board over. It also crashes when i do just about ANYTHING. I don't think this is ready for release yet guy's. I wish I had more positive feedback. Also it might make a bit of sense to have an "import key shortcuts" since this takes a long time to redo. I tried modifying the file and copy pasting but only some of the keys took effect. Yeah I'm not in a hurry to move forward. The session I loaded sounds brighter than the last V5 mix.

The image here seems to look like it could hold eq and sends.
[Image: TRh46IY]
(02-29-2020, 01:38 AM)bachstudies Wrote: [quote='kreapster' pid='48780' dateline='1582869356']
It also crashes when i do just about ANYTHING.

This has certainly not been my experience.

Nor mine. Probably 50 hours so far on V6 - stable and almost bug free.
Your problems are not with MB6. Look into your OS/driver/memory/ports/plugins to find the real culprit Wink

best

g
Just tried the latest 32c v6
Where are the scrollbars hidden ?
I gave credit and got 32 v6 and 32c v6, but if the scrollbars are gone definitively
I have to rethink if Mixbus will suit my needs in the future.

Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg
Just to provide a comparative update...

My remote studio group members are now all running MB32C v 6.0.702.
1) AVLinux v 2020.04 (myself)
1) MacOS (dont know what release)
1) MS Windows 7 pro
1) MS Windows 10 Pro

All but the Windows 10 platform have been solid in their operations. The Windows 10
platform crashes from time to time and the operator has been in contact with
Harrison, working on a resolve. In the meantime that operator can also run on a
AVLinux v 2018.10 release - with no issues - but he prefers to run Windows as
overall Linux use is inconvenient for him.

The Windows 7 user, and myself, also use earlier releases of MB (4/5/6) as needed.
Again, with no reliability issues whatsoever.

I have another remote member, just starting up, using MB6 (not 32C), on Windows 10
pro. No reliability report there yet as he is just getting familiar with MB.

Granted, this operation is not as extensive, mix load wise, as kreapster's but it
does seem to point at Windows as being a weaker link in the product chain.

Cheers!
Patrick
Maybe it's time for each OS forum here to feature a 'sticky' - i.e. a thread containing tips & tricks for making Mixbus perform better on that particular platform...

I've lost count of the number of tips I've read here for improving Windows performance but of course, they're spread out all over the place in dozens of different threads. In fact there was once an issue (affecting NVidia cards) which only got fixed after years of discussion here - but it'd probably take a day (or more) to find the relevant thread!! Wouldn't it be a lot easier if each of the platforms had its own specific thread featuring tweaks which have been found to work ??
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Agreed! Better organization and indexing of issues/fixes would be nice.
Any suggestions for the layout?
Not sure about the layout but maybe each of the volunteer moderators could take responsibility for a given platform and correlate the info for that particular OS ?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(05-20-2020, 10:34 AM)johne53 Wrote: I've lost count of the number of tips I've read here for improving Windows performance but of course, they're spread out all over the place in dozens of different threads.

There are some generic steps to take to make Windows more DAW-friendly that apply to any DAW, not Mixbus in particular. The best (though not necessarily most up to date) set of instructions I've seen are from Merging Technologies in their guidance for getting a machine ready for Pyramix. Some of this is Pyramix-specific, but a lot of it is applicable to any DAW:

https://confluence.merging.com/pages/vie...d=17203497

It's many pages long, but Windows isn't really set up, out of the box, to accommodate the needs of a DAW. Once you take all these steps, though, it should be no less reliable than any other platform, especially if you keep it off the internet and never update it.

I use Windows for a lot of things, but not for music or video; I use a Mac for that (I've used Linux as well in the past).
bjohnh -

Thanks for that link!
I can tell you that 85% of those recommendations are -not- discussed or reccommended
elsewhere and certainly have not been made to my remote partner's Windows 10 Pro
platform. I will pass this on and report back if the reliability of his DAW changes.

Cheers!
Patrick