Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus32c v6.0.0
(05-20-2020, 12:14 PM)PBuryk Wrote: I can tell you that 85% of those recommendations are -not- discussed or reccommended elsewhere and certainly have not been made to my remote partner's Windows 10 Pro platform.

Okay, good luck, and do keep in mind that a number of those steps are specific to Pyramix (e.g., anything that mentions Masscore, Native, etc.), but the power management, update preferences, display, notifications, and BIOS tweaks may make a difference. I hope it helps!
(05-20-2020, 10:34 AM)johne53 Wrote: there was once an issue (affecting NVidia cards) which only got fixed after years of discussion here - but it'd probably take a day (or more) to find the relevant thread!! Wouldn't it be a lot easier if each of the platforms had its own specific thread featuring tweaks which have been found to work ??

I've a vague memory that the fix involved moving a slider somewhere (in NVidia's Control Panel maybe??) But I've spent nearly 2 hours this morning searching for it and I just can't find the thread any more... Sad

It's definitely time we started putting all this stuff in a common place (exactly like Pyramix is doing...)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(05-21-2020, 03:35 AM)johne53 Wrote: It's definitely time we started putting all this stuff in a common place

Wiki.
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(05-21-2020, 03:35 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 10:34 AM)johne53 Wrote: there was once an issue (affecting NVidia cards) which only got fixed after years of discussion here - ...

I've a vague memory that the fix involved moving a slider somewhere (in NVidia's Control Panel maybe??)
The 2 Nvidia tweaks I find essential are to move the OpenGL slider to High Performance (IIRC, Performance works too), and disable Sync-to-VBlank. This is for Linux but I also have used these in Win10 successfully too. I have no Macs.
A sticky for individual OS tweaks is a good idea but they should be curated as I've also seen a few useless suggestions.
I also have several tweaks for Linux/KDE that took me a long time to find but now I can use my favourite DE happily whereas it was a PITA without the tweaks.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

(05-21-2020, 04:35 AM)sunrat Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 03:35 AM)johne53 Wrote: I've a vague memory that the fix involved moving a slider somewhere (in NVidia's Control Panel maybe??)

The 2 Nvidia tweaks I find essential are to move the OpenGL slider to High Performance (IIRC, Performance works too), and disable Sync-to-VBlank.

Well remembered - it was definitely something to do with moving a slider away from High Quality and towards High Performance (I'm blowed if I can find the actual thread though !!)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!