Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Universal audio analog DAW coming out, but I still like Mixbus
With this new LUNA daw coming from universal audio, and the whole neve summing engine, what is Mixbus summing based on, also I wonder if Mixbus should of had its own audio interface that took care of the DSP load Mixbus needs to free up resources.

https://youtu.be/DukgSHKiq6s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-16-2020, 08:17 PM)mrskytown11 Wrote: With this new LUNA daw coming from universal audio, and the whole neve summing engine, what is Mixbus summing based on, also I wonder if Mixbus should of had its own audio interface that took care of the DSP load Mixbus needs to free up resources.

Let's wait and see, though the comments indicate Mac only and even then you'd be forced to buy into the whole UAD ecosystem. Personally I never liked Neve consoles. The studio I worked at had 2 SSL rooms (both E series strips with G software, 72 channel desks), a weird Yamaha board in another room that could do 5.1, and a beautiful studio with a Neve console. We used the Neve really just for recording and it was ok. I just much preferred SSL from an engineers perspective, but maybe because I spent so much more time on those desks.

Harrison should be proud though - looks like UAD believe there's something valuable in this approach. I've been mixing in Studio One the last few weeks at least partly because of the performance issues I was seeing in 32C. While S1 allows me to route stuff around way more flexibly than MB, it's also true that I need to work harder (with extra plugs) to get a similar level of saturation etc. I'm almost tempted to mix in S1 to a bunch of stems and then finalise it all in MB!
Wood

i9-9900k CPU, 32Gb RAM, Nvidia 2070 Super GPU, RME Babyface Pro Interface, W10 Pro
An Analogue DIGITAL AUDIO WORKSTATION!!!

LUNA won't be analogue....Mixbus isn't analogue....they are DIGITAL CODE!

Here is a link to another 10 things believed to exist that don't...

https://listverse.com/2019/01/19/10-thin...ally-dont/

.I'm going to write to them and ask them to add 'analogue digital audio workstation' to it as number 11!!!

LUNA won't be analogue....Mixbus isn't analogue....

Doesn't mean they are bad - it's all good....just not analogue digital!!!
Balanced life...balanced mix...open your mind...anything is possible
It’s true it’s digital emulated to work as analog or act like it. Have to remember that. It’s not analog. It’s still digital. So then I don’t have a analog console on my computer, it’s a digital console lol

(01-19-2020, 04:53 AM)mrskytown11 Wrote: It’s true it’s digital emulated to work as analog or act like it. Have to remember that. It’s not analog. It’s still digital. So then I don’t have a analog console on my computer, it’s a digital console lol

Ha ha....No, you most definitely DO NOT have an analogue console on your digital computer!!!

Graphic design is a wonder illusion!!! Just like stereophonic sound.....or maybe it's not an illusion, maybe there are little people inside each monitor speaker, maybe the phantom centre channel exists and maybe there is such a thing as an analogue digital audio workstation, ha ha...have fun
(01-19-2020, 04:57 AM)willecho Wrote: ... there are little people inside each monitor speaker,...

Aaaah, that explains it. Tongue
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

(01-19-2020, 07:00 AM)sunrat Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 04:57 AM)willecho Wrote: ... there are little people inside each monitor speaker,...

Aaaah, that explains it. Tongue

Damn...me and my big mouth...I've let the secret slip out...everyone thinks Prince is dead but he's really here in my monitors...and I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone!!Big Grin
(01-16-2020, 08:17 PM)mrskytown11 Wrote: With this new LUNA daw coming from universal audio, and the whole neve summing engine, what is Mixbus summing based on, also I wonder if Mixbus should of had its own audio interface that took care of the DSP load Mixbus needs to free up resources.

You ask what mixbus summing is based on. Quickest version I can give is this. Harrison first had their large format analog consoles. They were popular with film and big studios. Technology came along where they could make digitally controlled analog consoles. Starting with the SeriesTen consoles. Those were a huge hit. And these were set up with a control surface and remote mixer. So they decided to try and build a digital mixer that could be dropped in place of the analog mixer and sound exactly the same. And remember these are being used by some of the biggest names in the audio world. Well they apparently succeeded and this is the same mix engine now used in mixbus.
Cool.

This was mentioned on the Bobby Ownsinski Podcast yesterday. https://bobbyoinnercircle.com/?powerpres...81-podcast

He said it may possibly be out this Spring. He said the DAW looked a little like Logic. He does not expect it to be a ProTools killer.

Aha...here will Warren Huart, UA says its not really a DAW.

https://youtu.be/-So3NpYbvsw?t=739

But it sure looks like a DAW.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA