Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Universal audio analog DAW coming out, but I still like Mixbus
It does seem appealing to me however I don’t like how the program looks and operates, if I ever did get an apolo sound card which I wanted in the past I would definitely use Luna for tracking , since Mixbus is not able to me to track comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just out of interest, what's so special about the Apollo? Does it contain some extra "oomph" for running the UAD plugins? e.g. is it an I/O device combined with additional processing power?

(01-26-2020, 12:37 AM)JamieLang Wrote: The analog summing bit not shipping at release and being a paid add on, though....says it's a tacked on thing that should make Harrison smile inside. It's been in development for 5-7 years they said...and it's not shipping for 4 months and they don't know that the analog summing part will be available day one...?

Hmmm... I wonder if that's the bit that AMS Neve contributed? It's unlikely AMS Neve would provide their bit for free so maybe that explains why it'll be a paid for option??
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Frankly, if MB worked without problems with UAD plugins, then LUNA would be unlikely to be interesting to me, because I like the sound of MB and the construction of its workspace.
But unfortunately this is not so.
MacOS 10.15.7, Mixbus32C, Mac Pro 5.1, MacBook Pro, UAD, Mackie Onyx
Metapop: https://metapop.com/v-s-g-music
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/v-s-g-music
(01-26-2020, 03:27 AM)johne53 Wrote: Just out of interest, what's so special about the Apollo? Does it contain some extra "oomph" for running the UAD plugins? e.g. is it an I/O device combined with additional processing power?

To answer my own question, yes:- it does seem to be a combination of I/O plus processing power

Plus some other things like mic amps and surround sound monitoring etc.
yeah it has onboard DSP chip. But I have only found I need that for 'wet' recording, otherwise the CPU can handle most everything I need. Granted I only record at 88.2.
OSX, i9 10850k, 64GB, MixBus 32C, Logic Pro X, Metric Halo ULN8 3d & 2882 3d, Icon Qcon Pro X & Icon Qcon Pro XS
I'm not going to buy a Mac for that. I'm staying with my Apollo Twin MKII on Windows and Mixbus32C. Well functioning system. It is not necessary to switch to Luna.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C v6, UA Apollo Twin MkII, Faderport 8, Win10x64, i5-6300HQ, 16 GB RAM, BM6A, NS-10M...
(01-24-2020, 06:43 AM)johne53 Wrote: It might seem unattractive (Mac only - and needing very expensive hardware) but there seems to be one helluva lot of interest over on the UAD forum.

220 pages of comments now and over 2,500 likes!! Not bad for a product which still hasn't even been released!!!
It has now been released, and can be downloaded from:

https://www.uaudio.com/uad/downloads
Has anyone compared the Luna Neve summing to the Mixbus32C summing ?

I already have some UAD2 DSP (on Windows) - just wondering how the Neve summing stacks up vs Mixbus in case Luna comes out on windoze.
DanteMurphy - maybe try asking here

I don't know if any of the new Luna users were already using Mixbus but I guess that'd be the best place to find out.