Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Universal audio analog DAW coming out, but I still like Mixbus
I just came across this thread again which I'd forgotten about - and I wondered if Luna ever lived up to its expectations? IIRC it had a great sound and low latency and good AAF support but initially was Mac only and with pretty basic features (e.g. very simple editing). Anyone know if things have improved much or if it supports Windows now?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
It's not available for windows. I've tried it out and it's intuitive. The editing uses all the same short keys as pro tools which is handy. The summing is alright and the tape saturation. Not my cup of tea however.
(01-02-2022, 12:38 AM)Shaneward Wrote: The editing uses all the same short keys as pro tools which is handy.

I'm not sure if it's still in there - but I've a feeling there was once an option in Mixbus to use PT style shortcuts.
(01-02-2022, 09:20 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 12:38 AM)Shaneward Wrote: The editing uses all the same short keys as pro tools which is handy.

I'm not sure if it's still in there - but I've a feeling there was once an option in Mixbus to use PT style shortcuts.

That would be handy. I'll check my version manual.
IIRC Mixbus used to refer to them as Bindings rather than Shortcuts - so that might be the term to search for.

I just checked here and the most recent Bindings file I could find was about 10 years old so maybe they got removed...  Sad
I actually was reading the manual the other day and it would be easy enough to change in the shortcuts. There's only a few main ones for me that I'd change. Specifically mixer edit switch.