Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVA-DS and AVA-SC don't draw GUI elements (Linux/KDE Plasma)
Hi,
I had the same problem og GUI which didn't work properly. I replaced the new AVA plugins with old plugins (from 2019) and now it works fine !
Something seems broken in the new versions of the plugins.
Hopefully knowing it works with the old version of the plugins will help to fix the problem in the future updates so linux-users can continue to use these plugins.
Any news here? I just bought a license for AVA-DS and have the problem, that everything freezes when I open at least two De-esser GUI windows.
Often it's possible to save everything but MB will not close anymore.
(05-25-2022, 12:30 PM)Holger Wrote: Any news here? I just bought a license for AVA-DS and have the problem, that everything freezes when I open at least two De-esser GUI windows.
Often it's possible to save everything but MB will not close anymore.

That may or may not be the same problem. Some details of your system would be helpful. Are you using Nvidia driver by any chance? There is a tweak needed in Nvidia Settings, I had the same thing on mine. Set OpenGL to Performance or High Performance, not Quality.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

Hi Sunrat,

thanks for your answer. Yes, I have an NVidia card (details you now can find in my signature) and already tested all tips, yours as well as setting the MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE env-variable. Nothing helped. One open instance is working (mostly), opening another instance immediately breaks the GUI.
I don't think it's an issue with the graphics card - even though there seems to be some workarounds for some nvidia cards - as it does not seem to work on other graphic cards as well. This is, why I asked for some news as I think, this needs to bi fixed by the developers.
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Another user here as well as on the Ardour forums seems to have found the answer on the linux musicians forum. Try running Mixbus after the following command:

env v_blank_mode=0

I am not getting anymore gtk errors and more importantly, AVA plugins are rendering and not crashing.