Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with Harrison Audio plugins?
Is anyone having problems with plugins offered by Harrison Audio, not Harrison Consoles? I have three plugins that don't work: Legacy EQ (free), Mastering EQ (the free new one; I have the version from Harrison Consoles which works fine), and the Harrison Audio microglide $20USD). My problem with the plugins is that they open okay, but the GUI does not work. It is unresponsive and will eventually freeze. I can use the inline controls; however, they are very finicky and imprecise.  I also tried setting MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2l however this also did not work.

I tried one of the plugins (legacy EQ)on three different computers running Ubuntu Studio 22.04 (my primary distro), and one running Ubuntu Studio 23.10 (with the latest kernel). I also tried it on AV Linus, Fedora Jam, and Manjaro with Ardour installed. It did not work on any of them.

I'm mostly concerned about the next Mixbus upgrade. If the plugins don't work, will the DAW?

I asked Harrison, and was told that I needed OpenGL V3.2 or later. I did check and found that I have the correct version (I have 3.2 or later). From what I can see, curl does have gnutls support.

If you had problems with the plugins or the AVA plugins in general, how did you resolve it?
This problem occurs on the latest versions of the former Harrison Consoles plugins as well. Hopefully, the post in the link below and my posting under that again might help you:

https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/threa...l#pid54917
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(12-18-2023, 02:41 AM)Jostein Wrote: This problem occurs on the latest versions of the former Harrison Consoles plugins as well. Hopefully, the post in the link below and my posting under that again might help you:

https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/threa...l#pid54917

Thanks.  I'll check it out.  Good to know it's not just me.
On the Linux Musician forum, it was suggested to add  'env v_blank_mode=0' before opening the app, when starting the app from the line command.  I tested it for one of the plugins, and it worked.  I did not test the other Harrison plugins, or any of the other linux plugins.  However, this seems to be a solution.
@dukeormsby has the right solution it seems. Works for them as well as myself. I am on Xubunutu 20.04.6 LTS with linux kernel version 5.15.0-91-lowlatency with a gigabyte 1050ti nvidia card.
I'm not even forcing mesa to report a higher opengl version like before. So that was never even a problem and I'm not sure why that's the default suggestion from Harrison.