Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVA-DS and AVA-SC don't draw GUI elements (Linux/KDE Plasma)
(03-07-2020, 07:22 AM)Arnd Wrote: Questions: Is there a solution? If yes, which? Why are the other AVA plugins (LegacyQ, MC, ME) working fine?

Harrison might know the cause. I think they have been pretty busy with version 6 of Mixbus, so this issue have not been on the top of their priorities. Write and ask for a fix at their support mail: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

S:-)

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
With AVA and MPC Channel, best to write to: plugins@harrisonconsoles.com.au for support.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(03-08-2020, 09:01 PM)Dingo Wrote: With AVA and MPC Channel, best to write to: plugins@harrisonconsoles.com.au for support.

I wrote to plugins@harrisonconsoles.com, reported my problem and am in communication with their support team.

In the meantime I found the following temporary fix:

In a terminal the following command yields the maximum GL version supported by the graphics card:

glxinfo | grep "Max core profile version"
Max core profile version: 4.5

Calling Ardour as

env MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 ardour

the GUI of both AVA-DS and AVA-SC is working fine.

Arnd
(03-10-2020, 03:16 PM)Arnd Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 09:01 PM)Dingo Wrote: With AVA and MPC Channel, best to write to: plugins@harrisonconsoles.com.au for support.

I wrote to plugins@harrisonconsoles.com, reported my problem and am in communication with their support team.

In a terminal the following command yields the maximum GL version supported by the graphics card:

Calling Ardour as

Arnd
Thank you for this ! Worked on my system as well (GL version 3.3).
Wow, that is very interesting!
(04-03-2020, 06:10 AM)BartVaes Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 03:16 PM)Arnd Wrote:

Calling Ardour as

Arnd
Thank you for this ! Worked on my system as well (GL version 3.3).

Thank' s for the solution.
I had the same problem with Mixbus32C and AVA plugins running on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS and with your workaround the gui in AVA de-esser and AVA-spectral-compressor is running fine now.

Additionally I created a copy of the Mixbus desktop-file in ~/.local/share/applications/ and added the env-command in the Exec-variable of the desktop-file:
Code:
Exec=env MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 /your_path_to_mixbus32c6
After making the desktop-file executable with chmod I'm able to start and keep Mixbus with the changed env-variable in the Ubuntu-dock
(Maybe interesting for some Ubuntu-users who like to use their dock Smile )
I use Reaper for editing and 32C for mixing stems. I have legacy Q and Vocal Flow. Both are just white boxes in Reaper and 32C. I've tried it on Linux Mint, Ubuntu Studio, and Open Suse. Same white boxes. Both plugins work fine on Windows.
Hi,
I've just bought Mixbus and some XT licenses, which work well, and I use Ardour on linux since 15 years with many free or proprietary plugins.

I really want to try AVA, but same problem. Any news?

My system (Kubuntu 20.04 + KX Studio repositories) is dedicated to sound, and I don't want to tweak the system or install proprietary drivers as long as it is stable, since I use it for live show.

I wrote Harrison Tech Support.
Here are some notes about how to get AVA plugin working on Ubuntu/Mint Linux distribution, and probably others:
First of all, it doesn't work on a generic Intel graphic chip, only on nVidia, at least for me. I tested with proprietary drivers since there was already installed, not with nouveau free driver.

If libglx0 version is < 3.2, you need to launch your DAW or whatever will then load the plugins with:
Code:
$ MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 yourApp

If you use nVidia On Demand option[/] (use drivers on demand for a specific app), use this command:
Code:
$   __NV_PRIME_RENDER_OFFLOAD=1 __GLX_VENDOR_LIBRARY_NAME=nvidia MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 yourApp
You can also add an application profile in NVIDIA settings window.

If you have libglx 3.2, it should work without the [i]override
I had some old AVA plugins in my system and everything was fine. Then I did an upgrade (the files inside are dated 2021-05-10) and the AVA GUIs became blank. I did the chef mistake of deleting the previous versions so I'm stuck with the latest ones.

Having OpenGL 3.0, I did set MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 (even tested 4.5, no diffrence here), then GUI was back, but so sluggish that the plugins were not usable anymore. Then I added this in ~/.drirc as recommended elsewhere in another post:

Code:
<device screen="0" driver="dri2">
        <application name="Default">
                <option name="vblank_mode" value="0"/>
        </application>
</device>

..and logged out and in again. Now everything is smooth, but the RTAs in the plugins do not work. Some parts of the window manager's GUI are also different, but I can live with that. If I don't find a solution, then I will mail Harrison and try to get some older AVA plugins.

My system: Kubuntu 20.04, the GPU is an Intel i950
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox