Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3.0 update and Estimated Cost of Controller
Hi Santiago, Thank for the good news man. I just visited gearslutz and checked Iz thecnology website and to be honest it is mind blowing. for you my friend all those little issues that we are mentioning here in mixbus 2.5 are not a deal breaker. You know, coming from a very stable and multi core DAWs we just simply complain cause we want mixbus to be like the others. I'm definitely sure that mixbus 3 will be more than our expectation. My advice is for you even monetary wise it is a good deal for you to buy with this discounted price for mixbus 2.5 and upgrade it with half a price. rather than buying a full price when 3 come out. unless you want to buy iZ technology standalone.
Cheers
While it's getting a little away from the original topic, in also excited to mixbus is included on the new radar rig. And honestly for the base price, it's not horrible. It gets expensive in a hurry if you need more I/O, but it will be some of the best converters available. So probably still worth it. Would be interested to hear from harrison on how much involvement that had with it.
Would be more interesting which mb version is on board... Maybe that will be the hammer fot the NAMM B-) ...only few hours and we will know...
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(01-19-2015, 05:30 AM)Bereket Wrote: Hi Santiago, Thank for the good news man. I just visited gearslutz and checked Iz thecnology website and to be honest it is mind blowing. for you my friend all those little issues that we are mentioning here in mixbus 2.5 are not a deal breaker. You know, coming from a very stable and multi core DAWs we just simply complain cause we want mixbus to be like the others. I'm definitely sure that mixbus 3 will be more than our expectation. My advice is for you even monetary wise it is a good deal for you to buy with this discounted price for mixbus 2.5 and upgrade it with half a price. rather than buying a full price when 3 come out. unless you want to buy iZ technology standalone.
Cheers

Hi bereket,

I already have mixbus. I bought 2.3 and the upgrade to 2.5. I never had enough time to work with it and when I did, it was not a good experience: many bugs, crashes, etc...
This summer I decided to give it a second chance and I got some stability. Not enough to become my main daw but sufficient to do some mixes and learn how it works.

If Mb3 is stable enough and all the upgrades we're waiting for become real, I'll be a loyal user for sure.

Until then, I'll be learning 2.5.

Cheers
Mp 4,1 (2009) / OSX 10.6.8 / 16 Gb / Quad Core Intel Xeon 2,66 mhz
SSL Madixtreme 64 / SSl Alphalink madi ax / Lynx Hilo

I had the same problems with v2.5, and stopped using it altogether. Hopefully the v3 MixBus will be a better experience. I really liked the sound, but there were way too many bugs for me to deal with as well. We shall see.