Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3.0 update and Estimated Cost of Controller
Hello, I am new to the form and a recent transfer from another DAW (Protools). I still produce in Reason and Logic Pro X but have decided to make the full leap into HMB for all of my tracking and mixing needs because of the unmatched sound quality. My main concern/question is about the progress of MB 3.0. I am finding 32 bit very limiting at 96k and with the potential for 64 bit in 3.0 being discussed I am looking forward to the upgrade. I know that Harrison is working extremely hard on getting 3.0 ready and understand that a software update takes time to perfect as I am a Project Management for a software company but I have been hearing that 3.0 would be out as early as last year and at that time I waited before making a decision on changing DAW's to see how 3.0 would respond. This seems like an extremely long cycle for an update. Also any update on the pricing range of the new controller for mixbus. I also read a comment that screenshots would be made available for 3.0 soon have these been released and if so where can I view them.
I agree, 3.0 has taken far too long!!! But the wait is coming to an end. We still haven't set a release date, but it won't be much longer before we are confident enough to start showing screenshots, etc.

We have a prototype surface here; the price is intended to be sub-$1,000. Of course we also have our large console surfaces which could become controllers, if you want something big. Our first priority is the v3 launch, and then we are going to investigate the controllers. We have even considered a "Kickstarter" to find out which surfaces our users are most interested in.

Sorry for the delay! We are taking this slowly so that things are done "right".

-Ben
(11-17-2014, 06:01 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: I agree, 3.0 has taken far too long!!! But the wait is coming to an end. We still haven't set a release date, but it won't be much longer before we are confident enough to start showing screenshots, etc.

We have a prototype surface here; the price is intended to be sub-$1,000. Of course we also have our large console surfaces which could become controllers, if you want something big. Our first priority is the v3 launch, and then we are going to investigate the controllers. We have even considered a "Kickstarter" to find out which surfaces our users are most interested in.

-Ben

This is the best news I have heard all day as that was the price point I was looking at for a controller with options for a larger controller as budget permits. I am now more confident than ever that I have made the right choice. Thanks a bunch Ben and good luck with the completion of this project.
+1 here :-)
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
RE: controller: shut up and take my money!!
(11-17-2014, 06:01 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: But the wait is coming to an end.

We are taking this slowly so that things are done "right".

Oh please, please let this happen soon. PT needs a replacement and I don't want it to have to be QueueBaseball due to availability and/or my impatience. Blush

Much appreciation from me and I'd think most, if not all of us for a proper product release, though, and all the Harrison Mixbus team's efforts.

Excited for MB3 am I.
(11-17-2014, 10:38 PM)Faiz Fadzil Wrote: RE: controller: shut up and take my money!!

Yes. Especially at this price. That is in my wheelhouse. I was a bit worried it might be more. With Harrison's quality though I knew it would be worth whatever the price was. But if you guys can do it for $1000 or less, that is awesome.
Is there any kind of Ball park guess as to when we will see Ver 3? Before the new Year? 1st or 2nd quarter of next year? Any guess at all? I'm trying to plan purchases for the studio and any kind of ball park would be helpful. I well understand that last time I looked, the code base for Ardour seemed to be in flux which makes it hard but, any sort of a vague ETA would make it easier to plan the use of the funds I have set aside For upgrades. I use Nuendo for most of my work at this point but, I'm trying to get clients to try Mixbus. The lack of multi-threading means there is a big difference in what I can do with bigger sessions. I'm really looking forward to Ver 3 and hoping that This will be the solution to the problem of a reasonable cost DAW that my clients can afford so they can bring in sessions or take sessions home to work with. I can kind of do it will Cubase but it's still a bit pricey.

Archie

(11-17-2014, 06:01 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: I agree, 3.0 has taken far too long!!! But the wait is coming to an end. We still haven't set a release date, but it won't be much longer before we are confident enough to start showing screenshots, etc.

-Ben

-Ben

Surprise me. whatever it is I'm ready to upgrade it.

(11-18-2014, 09:15 PM)Matt Wrote:
(11-17-2014, 10:38 PM)Faiz Fadzil Wrote: RE: controller: shut up and take my money!!

Yes. Especially at this price. That is in my wheelhouse. I was a bit worried it might be more. With Harrison's quality though I knew it would be worth whatever the price was. But if you guys can do it for $1000 or less, that is awesome.

Yes. indeed, however I've finished most of my budget which was intended to Harrison on plugins. I have to wait at least 6 month to recover. Waiting mixbus 3 really has messed up my timing on money management. I wish I could see at least beta something in my mailbox with in a week.
OK, so where are the screenshots Ben mentioned?
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest