Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3.0 update and Estimated Cost of Controller
I just discovered how cool 2.5 is...and it's working great here, very stable. I have a few older PC's that I recently converted over to Fedora 20 (Linux) and did have a peak at the new Ardour. I do believe 3.0 will be awesome when it's ready.
I am also looking forward for the v3 release dates.
I love mixbus Smile
Will there be a cost when updating from V2.5 to V3?
(01-09-2015, 07:07 PM)Studio14 Wrote: Will there be a cost when updating from V2.5 to V3?

Not for subscribers Cool
Why would I need a controller for v3? I use RME ff800 for Cubase and ProTools along with AlphaTrack.Huh
21stcenturystudio.com
Using Mixbus since it came out and waiting for V4 Enhanced!
No one needs a controller. But a harrison designed DAW controller could be epic. I had a Euphonix mc mix, that I liked, but didn't love. Getting by with a faderport (in pro tools) for now. There's just something nice about faders and knobs. Do I have to have them? No. Do I want them? Heck yeah!!
Haha Matt +1 here B-)
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
for example me, I don't have a controller. When I buy, it has gotta be from harrison. That is the reason why I hold back on controller. I was about to buy a Mackie pro a while back.
(01-13-2015, 06:55 AM)Bereket Wrote: for example me, I don't have a controller. When I buy, it has gotta be from harrison. That is the reason why I hold back on controller. I was about to buy a Mackie pro a while back.

I was also about to buy some Mackie controller, but now I will wait for harrison controller. Smile
Mixbus 2.5+3.x+4.x / Mixbus32c 3.x+4.x / Ubuntu 17.10 Linux & Windows 7 & macOS 10.13 High Sierra / i7@4Ghz 16G RAM / RME Digi 9652 & RME HDSPe RayDAT / Icon QCon Pro + QCon Ex / Mackie 32*8
Hi everyone,

first post here.

I had some questions about jack and mixbus but after reading some of the last posts here I decided to wait until mixbus 3 is released and see if those doubts, bugs, etc, will be solved, improved, updated, etc…

I've been reading in the gearslutz forum about the new IZ RADAR studio. I suppose some of you have already read it, but when Bary from IZ said that they had some kind of partnership with Harrison I thought, finally some high end –and serious– company has seen the potential that mixbus has.

Also, it seems that IZ has done what some people was asking; some kind of "standalone computer/converter/recorder" and I'm glad that they'll sell it with mixbus installed.

That seems to be one of the most important products, at least from the recording engineer perspective, to be presented at namm, inmho.

So, is there any information from the "harrison side" about that product and how it will affect to the Mixbus future?

Thanks
Mp 4,1 (2009) / OSX 10.6.8 / 16 Gb / Quad Core Intel Xeon 2,66 mhz
SSL Madixtreme 64 / SSl Alphalink madi ax / Lynx Hilo