Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solo channel and mixbus together?
(09-21-2018, 01:04 PM)jonetsu Wrote: "Latest" is relative. I run 32C 182, Max runs a 2xx one. It could mean that if you're running 2xx then the default 'b' (and 'v') were just removed.

Can confirm there is no shortcut set for Toggle Mixbus Panel in Mixbus 32C 5.0.208 Linux. "B" is set to show Processors panel in Monitor section. I just removed that and set "B" for Mixbus Panel.

This thread has veered so far off course from its topic now I fear the solo problem will never get fixed. No comments from any of the devs either. Oh well...

Copying this from a couple of pages ago so the original issue is clear without rewinding:
Quote: Tassy Wrote:
Solo/mute issue really has been a consistent bug for years if mixbuses are included, also on VCA strips. Hope to be corrected at last in the next MB release

Upgraded to MB 32c v5 and this is not fixed.
If a solo button is lit, it should be heard ie. channel and buss solo together. Currently buss solo when activated mutes channel solo (even though channel solo is still lit).
Another weird and baffling behaviour is if say I have a buss with an effect, soloing a channel which is routed to that FX buss will make that buss audible as well as the channel soloed. Wrong! The buss should not be heard unless it is also soloed.
Ardour seems to have correct solo behaviour, as well as every hardware mixer I've ever used. I've never seen solo work similar to Mixbus anywhere else and can't imagine any case where it would be better than what is normal.

I'm liking Mixbus 32C a lot and v5 is sweet, particularly the Mix Tools. Please fix this solo bug so I can love it.
" I fear the solo problem will never get fixed."
You are right, I have just put on a brand new solo issue on a separate track:
ctrl+shift solo all mutes the whole sessionSad
At this stage of the thread sunrat can rename the whole thread to something more appropriate by editing the starter message and then create a new thread with "Solo channel and mixbus together?"
Yes, I recall, we have had some threads on it since it seems a never ending issue.
If Harrison has an exercise book in which having collected all our notations on solo issues it must be the best collection in the world.

I assume they may use it like my university students who take such a fine care of their notes on the lessons that they keep it in a top-secured place in order not to get lost, and even they never touch itSmile