Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating an MP3 - NOT built in
I always find it amusing when these discussions (this isn't the first, and it won't be the last) are discussing a rating scale among products, where 6-10 products in any "edition", cost less than $1000, and offer some variation of a complete software recording/producing/mixing solution.
Since no two products offer the same features, and no two users value each feature the same, we are blessed with a number of products that for what amounts to very little money*, allow you to choose which one is best for you.

It can be useful to compare products, especially ones I may not be familiar with. It's less useful to attempt to assign an overall rating for anyone except yourself. If the Mixbus "sound" isn't a big deal to you, Mixbus probably isn't the product for you, especially if some other products are almost there.

* I value my money as much as the next person. I also realize that we live in a world where we expect software to be essentially free. But I also recall that it was only a few decades ago where what we can do now wasn't even imagined, for any price.
(09-21-2017, 07:23 AM)Bakhano Wrote: But if the idea is to compare costs,
No the idea was not to compare costs at all.. you stated that ALL other DAWS have MP3 by default.. that statement is incorrect, two out of three Studio One products does not have MP3 as standard, and when I purchased Pro Tools I had to buy the MP3 add-on.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(09-21-2017, 09:29 PM)Bakhano Wrote: And yes, all full versions of mainstream DAWS have MP3 export as a built-in option - except for Mixbus.

Had to add full to try and get out of that one eh ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(09-21-2017, 10:05 PM)Bakhano Wrote: ...ARA integration...

I confess I had to google this one... So this is a standard feature of all other DAWs? Since when? Define "standard feature" anyway. I also doubt all other workstations support VST3 ootb. Let alone on 3 platforms. But I leave the proof to you, as you asserted it.
And, again, I can't remember any post of you which actually helped someone. All the talking what's baaad, what's obsolete, what everyone else does better. All the blahhh blaaah hot air.

MMM
(09-22-2017, 08:03 AM)Bakhano Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 10:47 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 10:05 PM)Bakhano Wrote: ...ARA integration...

I confess I had to google this one... So this is a standard feature of all other DAWs? Since when? Define "standard feature" anyway. I also doubt all other workstations support VST3 ootb. Let alone on 3 platforms. But I leave the proof to you, as you asserted it.
And, again, I can't remember any post of you which actually helped someone. All the talking what's baaad, what's obsolete, what everyone else does better. All the blahhh blaaah hot air.

MMM

Childish debate tactics: you can't deny my examples of areas where Mixbus lags behind mainstream DAWs (not a great revelation - it has been known forever), so you go on demanding endless proofs and explanations, while admitting you are so unfamiliar with the topic you had to google it.

And, yeah, we know the groupie's standard defense against perceived 'attacks' (known as 'the truth' to normal folks) : "you're bad!"

One of us calls other people "childish" and "groupies" and the other one openly admits to have googled something. Turns out that ARA is a "standard" -I would rather call it (edit: proprietary) protocol- which was primarily developed for Melodyne by Melodyne together with (drumroll) PreSonus. Other DAW manufacturers are taking it on, but rather hesitant. Studio One users have it, of course, and I bet only in the full blown version.
Now, if I remember correctly, dear Bakhano, are you the one who claims a lot of things here and doesn't hesitate to use a lot of generalisations like "everyone knows", "noone wants", "every other DAW has" - which have been led ad absurdum at least once. Don't you think that it's your responsibility to bring the facts?
But hey, I forgot you are in posession of "the truth" while everyone who doubts this is a childish groupie.
Again, there are governments in this world who are in high demand of demagogic talents, you should take the opportunity man.

MMM