Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating an MP3 - NOT built in
(09-09-2017, 01:15 AM)Lexridge Wrote: It amazes me that MP3 is still the predominate format after so many years.

Thanks to Napster... Like an explosion virtually all music of the world was available in MP3 format, it was easy to handle, tag and collect and until now every thinkable player can play it. It became a standard like PDF for printing.

(09-09-2017, 01:15 AM)Lexridge Wrote: Speaking of conversion and taking this conversation a lot deeper; I realize that FFMPEG has an awful learning curve, but if you can make the effort to learn it, OMG it is simply the best thing since canned beer!

I doubt that. There's nothing better than beer in general!
But yeah, compared with FFMPEG the Swiss Army Knife is an amateurish piece of scrap metal... I wish I would get myself learning it better Confused

MMM
It is related in some way but would you mind helping me exporting on AAC format? What is the command line that has to be written? Thanks in advance.
(09-09-2017, 06:21 AM)Bakhano Wrote: Let's be honest: there's no 'flexibility' in lacking a feature that all other daws have by default. Mixbus simply lags behind mainstream products in several critical areas (MP3 export, VST3 support, ARA integration, audio loop preview with tempo sync, etc., etc.). Sound is great. Features lacking.

Yeah yeah...
MMM
(09-09-2017, 06:21 AM)Bakhano Wrote: Let's be honest: there's no 'flexibility' in lacking a feature that all other daws have by default. Mixbus simply lags behind mainstream products in several critical areas (MP3 export, VST3 support, ARA integration, audio loop preview with tempo sync, etc., etc.). Sound is great. Features lacking.

Well said, and spot on.
I had to buy the Music Production Suite to get MP3 option for Pro Tools, and I was not able to apply that license to any other audio application.
Until the copyright status of the MP3 patents in the U.S are clear LAME is an excellent sounding, free and cross platform MP3 encoder.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(09-09-2017, 02:32 AM)Studio Saturn Wrote: It is related in some way but would you mind helping me exporting on AAC format? What is the command line that has to be written? Thanks in advance.

It really depends on the ffmpeg version you are running, your OS and your available AAC libraries. Assuming you're running the latest version of ffmpeg, it does have AAC built in, so the command line put very simply would be:
Code:
ffmpeg -i input.file -b:a 320k outfile.aac
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
(09-10-2017, 04:24 AM)Slack Babbath Wrote: Well said, and spot on.

Still around here ?
I have the mp3 export working fine, but what would I add so that it deletes the wax? I like just the mp3 for quick Dropbox experts when working remotely on a project to get mix notes
I'm on Windows.
In the command line, I just put a call to a batch file like this:
C:\Users\myname\Desktop\Mixbus_Projects\lame_convert.bat %f

Then, I can make the batch file do multiple things.
Mine currently only does one thing and reads:
"c:\program files (x86)\lame for audacity\lame" %1 -b 320

But, I could add to it, so it would read:
"c:\program files (x86)\lame for audacity\lame" %1 -b 320
del %f

That would do the mp3 conversion, and then delete the wav file.

Another reason to use a batch file (or whatever script thing you want on any OS) is you can test the script independently from Mixbus. You can put in debugging pauses or similar to make sure it's working right.

The command can pass a whole bunch parameters besides the full file same as %f. I believe they are now documented.
If you need others, you'll of course have to pass them to the batch file as well.
(09-07-2017, 10:32 PM)Gregg White Wrote: Thanks for the welcome note! Feels like a mature community here.

Mature-ish, yes.

I'm with you on the MP3 issue. It should be a one-click operation.