Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating an MP3 - NOT built in
Geek warning!

It is very handy to be able to quickly have ID3 tagged MP3 files at any moment during the mixing project and I use data from the session meta dialog for this. It is possible to tag the mp3 files with lame in the same operation as the post execution command. However, Mixbus do not surround the meta data with quotation marks when they contain spaces and Lame can't handle this, so I have a small Perl script (attached) that gives lame the command line as required.

You must have Perl installed and place the script somewhere where your PATH environment variable is valid.

This is the post execution I normally use:

mb-post_export-lame --preset extreme --ta %a --tl %A --tc %M --ty %Y --tt %t %f

It should work right out of the box in Linux, you will have to change the $LameProg in the script for Windows and OSX. In Windows, you will/might probably also have to use something like: "c:\path\to\perl.exe C:\path\to\mb-post_export-lame the % parameters"

Enjoy!

Attached Files
.zip   mb-post_export-lame.zip (Size: 396 bytes / Downloads: 8)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(09-10-2017, 04:24 AM)Slack Babbath Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 06:21 AM)Bakhano Wrote: Let's be honest: there's no 'flexibility' in lacking a feature that all other daws have by default. Mixbus simply lags behind mainstream products in several critical areas (MP3 export, VST3 support, ARA integration, audio loop preview with tempo sync, etc., etc.). Sound is great. Features lacking.

Well said, and spot on.

Do you seriously think that it doesn't cost anything for a company to make this products? They are already very reasonable priced and to understand that the summary of many small savings make this low prices should not be rocket science.

So tell me: How much are you willing to pay extra for having this functionality you are missing right now? Will an even more expensive and bigger Mixbus be the solution?

In my opinion, Mixbus is in many ways ahead of other DAWs - especially the mixing part, editing and the workflow. And Harrison are constantly catching up with the other missing/funky stuff - sometimes slowly and sometimes faster and usually in an excellent way - all this is mostly bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, it's not very common that a DAW doesn't have direct support for mp3, VST3 and some other stuff, but it's all a matter of a price to licene/patents ratio - just as in the rest of the world. They offer something to a price, one can take it or leave it - it's a lot of other DAWs to choose from if this is such a problem.
(09-19-2017, 06:12 PM)Bakhano Wrote: It's a problem - and I solved it a long time ago with Studio One. Still use Mixbus for mixing exclusively, though. No need for the "take it or leave it" groupie attitude. Mixbus is what it is - and we can be honest about its shortcomings.

Aren't we living in a fantastic world, where some can squabble over products they are actually using? Can't be that bad then. Haven't read anything helpful from you so far.
MMM
(09-19-2017, 09:02 PM)Bakhano Wrote: Groupies can't handle honest feedback, but Harrison Consoles needs it in order to improve the products. Groupies, by virtue of their "everything is perfect with my DAW" attitude are useless: they just hang around the forums all day, blind butterflies dreaming of what it would be like to make some music...

I absolutely agree. Best way is to give feedback directly and help other users in the forum. Others unfortunately prefer to lament in the forum and call other users names.

MMM
(09-19-2017, 06:12 PM)Bakhano Wrote: It's a problem - and I solved it a long time ago with Studio One. Still use Mixbus for mixing exclusively, though. No need for the "take it or leave it" groupie attitude. Mixbus is what it is - and we can be honest about its shortcomings.

Of course, Mixbus has shortcomings, that's what I use the feature request part of the forum for when I'm quite sure that a thing is not on the ToDo list.

Well, I just think we will not agree on this matters, I made my point, you made yours. No reason to get personal and put labels on people, though.
(09-20-2017, 06:44 AM)Bakhano Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 01:20 AM)Jostein Wrote: Well, I just think we will not agree on this matters, I made my point, you made yours. No reason to get personal and put labels on people, though.

Observations are not labels. We can't sit back and let a few groupies bully people trying to provide honest feedback about Mixbus.

You made my day mate. Have you ever considered a job in journalism or politics?
MMM
(09-19-2017, 06:12 PM)Bakhano Wrote: I solved it a long time ago with Studio One.

You got me so interested in Studio One... I just had to look into it... but..wait...
From what you are saying in this forum, you must have the Studio One Professional package that costs some $ 430 USD.
I see that the Studio One Prime has no AU or VST support and cannot export mp3 or FLAK.
And with the Studio One Artist package, AU, VST MP3 and FLAK are all paid add ons, those features are not standard....

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio...e-versions

(09-09-2017, 06:21 AM)Bakhano Wrote: Let's be honest: there's no 'flexibility' in lacking a feature that all other daws have by default.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Now, where have we been? Oh, S1 on a Raven is ruling? Go ahead my boy, go ahead.

Perfect. After all that is now clear, can anyone ffs write a Lua script for MP3 integration and have it shipped with 4.3?

Cheers,
MMM
(09-21-2017, 08:08 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Perfect. After all that is now clear, can anyone ffs write a Lua script for MP3 integration and have it shipped with 4.3?

Cheers,
MMM

Is of no use
some experts will declare that is not built in.
It is a just a script ...

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(09-21-2017, 07:23 AM)Bakhano Wrote: Now, compare the Professional version ($399) with Mixbus's most *complete* version ($699 'special price' - regular $1459) and now we are getting closer to the truth: there is absolutely nothing better or more valuable in Mixbus, except for the great default sound.

No, compare the versions with the default functions, that is closest to the truth. People can choose to buy/use plugins from any vendor from there.