Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panning issue with ALSA
(09-03-2017, 04:45 PM)madubber Wrote: I supposed it isn't a bug then. It makes aux busses fairly useless, a bizarre design decision.

It doesn't make them useless at all, nor is it a bizarre design decision. This is how you should be sending to your aux busses in many cases. As you can see, the Drums channel is now being sent to both the Master and to Aux Bus 1 in this case.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
(09-03-2017, 04:45 PM)madubber Wrote: I supposed it isn't a bug then. It makes aux busses fairly useless, a bizarre design decision.

Noope, this is not a "bizarre design decision". Mixbus has an analog style of workflow(and sound) implemented in a DAW. Analog consoles have had this type of signal flow since the 1970'ties.

I might be wrong, but to me it seems that you are taking your workflow from another DAW(Logic, pro tools or whatever) and try to do it the same way in mixbus. You don't play a piano with a guitar pick ;-), so you might have to change your way of thinking and working to get all the benefits out of mixbus.

The solution to what you try to do is simple:

1. Use the mixbus buses(best solution). There is a "hidden" panning button in the bus sends(shift + double click on the bus send gain button).
2. ... or use the channels direct outs as I and other already have mention and you will have panning. Any reason that you can't do that?
3. ...or just use a simple stereo panning plugin, either before the "send" or as the first plugin on the receiving bus.

:-)

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
(09-03-2017, 07:35 PM)youki Wrote: As Sthauge said above, use the channel direct out.

That is not a solution, I want to use these busses as fx returns, which is a fairly standard usage of aux busses. "Just use the dedicated mixbus busses" I hear you say. Well, unless I'm mistaken, there is no way to use sends on these busses to send to other mixbus busses so if I want to add some reverb to my delay bus then it's not possible without using a dedicated reverb on the delay bus. I could create an aux bus with a reverb on and send the delay to that but at that point it's getting a bit silly and it is defeating the 'purpose' of having to use the mixbus bus for the returns in the first place.
(09-04-2017, 03:14 PM)madubber Wrote: "Just use the dedicated mixbus busses" I hear you say

No, i didn't say that. I said exactly what i said and you misunderstood it. On each track and bus there is a direct in and out that you can route to any other track or bus, just try to use this.

Input and Output Button

You can also find the Audio Connections with the shortcut Alt+P.
(09-04-2017, 04:43 PM)youki Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 03:14 PM)madubber Wrote: "Just use the dedicated mixbus busses" I hear you say

No, i didn't say that. I said exactly what i said and you misunderstood it. On each track and bus there is a direct in and out that you can route to any other track or bus, just try to use this.

Input and Output Button

You can also find the Audio Connections with the shortcut Alt+P.
I wasn't aiming that particular part at you specifically.
I can only say please reread my last reply, this doesn't solve the problem, I am not looking to just send one track to another in duplication. I would like to use an automatable Send to feed an aux bus, routing a track to another isn't the same thing at all.