Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Panning issue with ALSA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does anyone have issues with panning in Mixbus using Linux and a external sound card. I find when I pan the speaker I don't hear the same signal on the other side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stereo tracks or mono tracks?
Hi,

I'm seeing this too with a Presonus 1818VSL, when I pan a mono track all the way to the right it goes silent with no meter activity, as I pan back left the sound comes through again. This is seen on a freshly recorded session with no Mixbuses involved yet. I'm also using JACK not ALSA so it's not just an ALSA thing.
Same here... Last weekend I transferred some old 4track RTR tapes, just opened them back up and noticed the same thing. JACK, and the 4 tracks feeding the master bus.
(08-19-2017, 09:32 AM)GMaq Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm seeing this too with a Presonus 1818VSL, when I pan a mono track all the way to the right it goes silent with no meter activity, as I pan back left the sound comes through again. This is seen on a freshly recorded session with no Mixbuses involved yet. I'm also using JACK not ALSA so it's not just an ALSA thing.

I reported a bug in the direct output from channels/aux buses and panning/balancing for several mounts ago, and I guess this is what you see. Harrison have tried to fix it. It is fixed for stereo channels/buses, but unfortunately there is a bug in the mono channels/buses. It is already reported that there are still some work to do to fix this.
Same problem here indeed.
Thanks for the heads-up, guys.

It appears that we accidentally introduced a bug in the linux packages. This won't affect the sound in the Harrison mixer (using mixbus and/or master bus) but it does affect the channel direct-outputs; and it makes the meter display incorrectly if you pan the signal to the "right".

We'll post a fix as soon as possible. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Thanks for the update, Ro in. Much appreciated.
(08-15-2017, 09:25 PM)Lexridge Wrote: [ -> ]Stereo tracks or mono tracks?

Hmm I'm not sure but for my sound card and alsa I find it's complicated to get audio to pan because I can fix the issue but there too many Outputs in alsa to test to fix all the panning correctly so I gave up on Linux

(08-19-2017, 09:32 AM)GMaq Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Hmm I only hear my sound card when I turn up the output in my alsamixsr and I use Jack so I'm confused

Pages: 1 2 3