Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P)lugins that work with Mixbus V2.5
(06-13-2014, 06:30 AM)unitymusic Wrote: Though with the Abbey Road RS124, in mixbus it only opens one instance/channel. In Pro Tools, a stereo instance of the RS124 will open with two plugin windows - one for each channel. Any ideas about why that's not working in mixbus?

It sounds like you're inserting the plug-in in Pro Tools for dual-mono operation on a stereo track. Pro Tools gives you the option for dual-mono or stereo operation.

Plug-ins inserted on a stereo track in Mixbus are used in stereo operation only. You could use buses and direct outs to work-around this restriction.

Dual-mono inserts may come natively in Mixbus v3.

Best,

Tim
(06-13-2014, 09:48 AM)Tim@Harrison Wrote:
(06-13-2014, 06:30 AM)unitymusic Wrote: Though with the Abbey Road RS124, in mixbus it only opens one instance/channel. In Pro Tools, a stereo instance of the RS124 will open with two plugin windows - one for each channel. Any ideas about why that's not working in mixbus?

It sounds like you're inserting the plug-in in Pro Tools for dual-mono operation on a stereo track. Pro Tools gives you the option for dual-mono or stereo operation.

Plug-ins inserted on a stereo track in Mixbus are used in stereo operation only. You could use buses and direct outs to work-around this restriction.

Dual-mono inserts may come natively in Mixbus v3.

Best,

Tim

Thanks, but it's not dual mono I'm talking about in Pro Tools. The RS124 may be unique in this regard, but it has three models to choose from and with stereo tracks it allows you to choose different models for each track. Surround capable DAW's allow seperate LC&R channels.

When you insert it on a dual mono track it only allows one model, and it's the same settings without being linked. Hope that makes sense...
so far the 32bit versions of my waves plugins works fine in mixbus

so does camelphat

valhallaroom eq

still got some plugins to test (hope i will have time this weekend)(like fabfilter saturation)ozone5,and some other bits