Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus v4 : Sneak Preview
Nice Smile
Harrison Mixbus 4.3|Reaper5|Waveform8| Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS
That's cool, Thanks Ben.

(01-22-2017, 08:48 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @sonik,

Yes, OSC can access plugin parameters, including the channelstrip EQ + Comp. It's still not as easy as we'd like. But if you're a deep OSC programmer, it should be possible. The v4.x updates will continue to develop the OSC features a lot more, as the foundation is now much better.
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
I know this is not objective and off topic, but: Mixbus is just the best DAW ever and has a crew behind which are excellent engineers AND human beings. Heart
(01-23-2017, 10:35 AM)calimerox Wrote: I know this is not objective and off topic, but: Mixbus is just the best DAW ever and has a crew behind which are excellent engineers AND human beings. Heart

+1!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow.. my Mrs is going to kill me..
I've sunk all my spare money since the baby came into 32C and even more into Mixbus plugins.. (oh and a new controller keyboard)
I've fallen in love with 32C (ironically it means I use less of those plugin purchases)..

Hmm.. I'm hoping there are some special deals for longer term users, with subscriptions and multiple plugin purchases !!!!!
Definitely going to hold off from the Bitwig upgrade until their personally promised NRPN support comes through ..
Allan  Klinbail 

Steam Mastering - www.steam-mastering.com 
(01-23-2017, 10:35 AM)calimerox Wrote: I know this is not objective and off topic, but: Mixbus is just the best DAW ever and has a crew behind which are excellent engineers AND human beings. Heart

best daw ever not yet (but close) but I'm 100% ok with the rest of your words. the essential of mixbus IS their engineers, human beeings. Sometimes I agree with them sometimes not but i'm sure they are passionnate and serious. I'm sure Harrison is a cy made by passionnate. They love what they are creating. I hope we'll have more and more cies like this one and not only post industrial ones where the only contact we have is the final bill the package, a product in plastic made in asia and nothing else.

Welcome to open source world, human world where people are more important than industry and softwares.
Nice! Can't wait for v4!
Mixbus 2.5+3.x+4.x / Mixbus32c 3.x+4.x / Ubuntu 17.10 Linux & Windows 7 & macOS 10.13 High Sierra / i7@4Ghz 16G RAM / RME Digi 9652 & RME HDSPe RayDAT / Icon QCon Pro + QCon Ex / Mackie 32*8
(01-22-2017, 06:35 AM)Bakhano Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 03:05 AM)Ilaw Wrote: listen i'm not a fanboy...

Lost samplitude and they lost me (my 1rst version of sam was 6studio...) the soft is full of bugs (specially videos, pure joke) MOST of features havent changed since... 1998.
video features on studio one are pure joke, look is terrible, and instruments are toys but you must pay 100 euros only for VST features on artist...) stopped, and each feature costs 80/100 euros, ok stopped it's enough
cubase, you must pay X times a year for upgrades/bugfixes, stopped
Bitwig: now we'll have to pay 379 + 159 euros per year for bugfixes, stopped
SLate and other plugins with ILOK: had ENORMOUS problems with my Ilok1, stopped... etc etc etc.

All this cr...: hasta la vista baby. payed enough. payed and bought everything new in music prod since 1998, from cakewalk to samplitude, cubase and protools and Macs, and the more I payed the more I had to suffer. Now bank is closed, take the money to other people, I'm done with all these stupidities.

You show remarkably bad judgement when it comes to selecting your tools. Hopefully, this time you will get lucky with your selection. That was a lot of wasted money!
Bad? Wasted? That was, and still is, pretty much 'industry standard' judgement: you read the magazines, the forums, watch the videos and ads, query people who should be in the know, trying things out, doing your best, and over many years, and sometimes with many dollars, your hind-sight finally approaches 20-20.

Plenty of people out there in 2017ville will still mock you if you don't use pro-tools,
cubase, the trendiest OS, and all the big name accessorie$.
But the times, they are a changin' Wink
Quote:plenty of people out there in 2017ville will still mock you if you don't use pro-tools,

They can start asap to mock me because i'm going back to linux Tongue
i'm actually fighting against itunes el crapitan and iPod to paste copy the tracks i've PAYED on iTunes and it' enough for my health and nerves ; i cannot even listen to my own mixes made with mixbus on my own ipod that's crazy. on linux it works

no more this kind of stupidities what a waste of time for sure

thx to open source thx to cies like harrison we can take a breath again
20 years ago when i wanted to listen music i only had to put my disc on my stuff
now i must take HOURS to synchronize paste copy and type login and password
it takes HOURs to download tracks on the cloud (avid?) hours to install iloks and other abominations and when everything is done, i don't have an hour to make music
it's ENOUGH ENOUGH

thanks harrison
Quote:Plenty of people out there in 2017ville will still mock you if you don't use pro-tools,
cubase, the trendiest OS, and all the big name accessorie$.
But the times, they are a changin' Wink

totally agree! I m glad that it s getting better! And sometimes it even happens to me that producers fin it cooler and geekier me using Linux OS and DAW instead of "industry standard"...... if you sell it right..... Tongue