Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus v4 : Sneak Preview
I'm not a big fan of jumping from 3.6, and an odd duck 3.7,
all the way to a 4.0, but it seems like the industry has been doing that
for awhile, the latest being Bitwig 1.3x--> 2.0...but allowing 3.x
full-price-purchasers a free upgrade is fiscally congruent.

At some point, you have to make as big a splash as the competition,
or get swamped by their waves. I'll be expecting a great 4.0,
with a long list of improvements.

Reaper's incremental upgrade from 5.31 to 5.32 reads like a novel,
compared to some daw major upgrades.

One thing I notice, is that people value Mixbus for a variety
of use cases, and your pricing allows purchases where there
is to be more than one daw in the house.

It would be great if you could get the linux code from Triceratops synth,
and polish it up as a bonus teaser. And maybe make a slick gui for
cabbage plugins, and, and...and....
oh wait, it's the weekend!
Cheers
As ardour is now a standard on audio industry (from ardour aka open source daw to waves tracks live, Iz Session, Mixbus, Mixbus32C), left all daws payed for years for Mixbus Waves Tracks Live and Ardour. And I left big ones (protools, DP, samplitude pro, cubase, sonar, studio one) Only reaper is my another one and some of logicproX only for his instruments.

Ardour5 is now a great daw only waiting for some debug for video features and import PT sessions and all will be fine for me. Doing same things for plugins: only harrison/ open source and small cies plugins (sonimus + acustica audio + klanghelm and some other nice and serious devs), no more other cies with crappy ilok keys and terrible activations. it works and SOUNDS great. I'm not buying waves and slate plugins anymore. I keep my money "safe" and I'll buy harrison's hardware next year against of expensive daws. (as i'm leaving mac os too my computers costs 1/3 of price of a mac)

Ardour is NOW the center of my system: ardour/ waves tracks live (last version)/ mixbus. who really needs something else ? yeah we need Mixbus4 and maybe a control surface !

to micksedan, don't forget mixbus cost only 79, not 379 as bitwig. For 1/3 of the price of many daws, you can have mixbus + waves tracks live + ardour + reaper :0) No activation online no dongles no iloks. freedom.
Harrison Mixbus 4.3|Reaper5|Waveform8| Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS
(01-21-2017, 11:55 AM)Ilaw Wrote: to micksedan, don't forget mixbus cost only 79, not 379 as bitwig. For 1/3 of the price of many daws, you can have mixbus + waves tracks live + ardour + reaper :0) No activation online no dongles no iloks. freedom.
Hi, I did buy Mixbus and Reaper, very affordable, and augment each other very well.
I'd buy a lite Bitwig, if it would support 8 or more effects on at least
8 tracks, not the case currently. Their full product is beyond my modest needs,
and their 8-Track version doesn't allow enough effects, which are the reason
I would consider a purchase anyway. I might try and get the back issue of Beat magazine
that had 8-Track as the dvd content, if I can brush up my German chops.

Mixbus does what I need, and is very easy on the eyes, while working Cool
Cheers
listen i'm not a fanboy, when something wrong i don't shut my mouth. never. Tongue Imo mixbus + reaper are best pack ever for few bucks.

Lost my samplitude proX because upgraded my computer from win8 to 8.1 then 10. Everytime I had to upgrade (changed the HD) I lost an activation, even If i used it on a single one on a single PC. Lost samplitude and they lost me (my 1rst version of sam was 6studio...) the soft is full of bugs (specially videos, pure joke) MOST of features havent changed since... 1998. If you dont' need 64bits engine, take samPro7, it's the SAME software. If you don't need ASIO, take Sam6. instruments are terrible and the sampler is ... an UFO comin from the past Smile.

video features on studio one are pure joke, look is terrible, and instruments are toys but you must pay 100 euros only for VST features on artist...) stopped, and each feature costs 80/100 euros, ok stopped it's enough
cubase, you must pay X times a year for upgrades/bugfixes, stopped
Bitwig: now we'll have to pay 379 + 159 euros per year for bugfixes, stopped
SLate and other plugins with ILOK: had ENORMOUS problems with my Ilok1, stopped... etc etc etc.

All this cr...: hasta la vista baby. payed enough. payed and bought everything new in music prod since 1998, from cakewalk to samplitude, cubase and protools and Macs, and the more I payed the more I had to suffer. Now bank is closed, take the money to other people, I'm done with all these stupidities.
Will OSC finally be implemented for the channel-strips?
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
@sonik,

Yes, OSC can access plugin parameters, including the channelstrip EQ + Comp. It's still not as easy as we'd like. But if you're a deep OSC programmer, it should be possible. The v4.x updates will continue to develop the OSC features a lot more, as the foundation is now much better.
Bakhano

SadHuhDodgy
(01-20-2017, 03:39 PM)jonetsu Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 09:54 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: If history is a guide, we expect to have a massive influx of new users & updates when we launch v4.

And perhaps with a boost from the exposure provided by Glenn Fricker and his review.

(01-20-2017, 09:54 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: As our 32C users are our "premier" users, I expect we will have some open-beta or paid-beta period before the official launch, so you can get your hands on the new features sooner than May1. But no promises, yet.

I for one do not see why I would use the regular Mixbus now that I'm using 32C. I haven't come up with a valid practical use case. So I'm all to try a beta release as long as it can be installed parallel to the existing Mixbus 32C installation.
Great news Ben, and ...
+1 on this ...
Itsik Friedman
Storm Productions
http://www.stormproductions.co.il
@subzero nice studio. I can't read even a letter because it's not at all my native language but the photos are great Tongue those old analog tascam are incredible and unbreakable, had one, 20 years (or more...) after the release not even a led missing or broken. (i can see a sonor drums kit too, great ! but with pinstripes ? why not remo ambassador)
sorry i'm Out of the subject. ;0)
(01-22-2017, 07:05 PM)Ilaw Wrote: @subzero nice studio. I can't read even a letter because it's not at all my native language but the photos are great Tongue those old analog tascam are incredible and unbreakable, had one, 20 years (or more...) after the release not even a led missing or broken. (i can see a sonor drums kit too, great ! but with pinstripes ? why not remo ambassador)
sorry i'm Out of the subject. ;0)

Thnx Ilaw Smile
Sorry for being out of subject as well Wink but the Sonor is long gone ... This is what i have now ...1982 Yamaha 9000 Recording Custom
Itsik Friedman
Storm Productions
http://www.stormproductions.co.il