Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Linux Friendly Plugins
Harrison's plugins are best ones imo.
Harrison Mixbus 4.3|Reaper5|Waveform8| Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS
(04-26-2016, 04:07 AM)BHBstudio Wrote: Do you guys have dynamic EQ in linux department?

U-He FilterscapeQ6

I'm not aware of a FOSS one, though now I think about it maybe Calf Envelope Filter could be abused to do a similar job.
(05-07-2016, 06:06 AM)Ilaw Wrote: Harrison's plugins are best ones imo.

+1
It would have been great if x42 would upgrade the existing EQ to dynamic version. like tone booster Fix EQ or bx_dynEQ one.
(05-07-2016, 02:44 PM)x42 Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 06:06 AM)Ilaw Wrote: Harrison's plugins are best ones imo.

+1

Tongue Big Grin
but some CALF are really impressive too.

Left windows waves and a lot of other expensives "toys" (studio one magix PTools) for Linux and Mixbus and must say I'm very impressed. This is the most professional set ever had, for few bucks ! Wink i'll try U-HE ASAP !
Harrison Mixbus 4.3|Reaper5|Waveform8| Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS
(05-07-2016, 03:04 PM)BHBstudio Wrote: It would have been great if x42 would upgrade the existing EQ to dynamic version. like tone booster Fix EQ or bx_dynEQ one.

I've toyed with this using ingen and ssj71's envelope follower, but it's far from a complete package.
And the freaky "Interactive Sound Separator" http://isse.sourceforge.net/
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
(05-09-2016, 01:13 PM)sonik Wrote: And the freaky "Interactive Sound Separator" http://isse.sourceforge.net/

thanks for this , this looks like best choice for noise reduction etc on linux! I couldnt manage to install on arch though ;( is anybody using this and can share experience?

PS do not forget barry's satan maximizer Wink
I used that (subtle! and parallel..) in some mastering work and was very happy with it
I couldn't install it on my manjaro neither. Sometimes, bleeding-edge-distros have their counterpart. But if you are looking for noise reduction (there must be an old thread on this forum), the noise reduction tool in audacity is quite okay. If you have to get rid of hiss and hum, it's perfect. The only problem is that this plugin is only available in audacity , so you have to export/reimport.
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
(05-13-2016, 11:48 AM)calimerox Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 01:13 PM)sonik Wrote: And the freaky "Interactive Sound Separator" http://isse.sourceforge.net/

thanks for this , this looks like best choice for noise reduction etc on linux! I couldnt manage to install on arch though ;( is anybody using this and can share experience?

Quote from the ISSE About page:

Quote:ISSE was developed by Nicholas J. Bryan as part of his PhD thesis,...

...and then being abandoned. Sad

Back then when I tried it, it only really worked on rather short files and had some other limitations that made it basically unusable for any serious work. IIRC later there was some breakage which made it impossible to install for me as well.

So I think unless you are a developer who wants to fork and further develop it, it's not worth even thinking about it. Sad

BTW the latest version of Audacity now has some basic spectral editing - in case that's what you are looking for.
Disclaimer: Any resemblance of my nick with a given engineer is purely coincidental!
Desktop: AMD Phenom II x6, 4 GB RAM, Radeon graphics, RME HDSP 9652
Laptop: Thinkpad E560, i3 6100U, 8 GB RAM, Intel graphics, Tascam US-2x2
X32 Rack - Debian GNU/Linux - 32c