Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very cool feature in mixbus 3
1) was it me that discovered it

2) do the developers even know its there

3) how many of you use it

4) its always been there and i am just late to find out and should start reading the manual,Huh

5) have you discovered a nice feature in mixbus 3 that your keeping to your self Hmmmmmm

So what is it ?

I was working with mixbus 3 today, I have a few wave plugins on the channel strips some of the channel strips are empty,

I wanted an API EQ on one of the empty channel strip so instead of loading it from that empty channel strip like I always do, I dragged it from an existing channel strip and like magic it loaded with all the same settings as the existing channel strip, now how cool is that

So if you need a plugin in a channel strip that you already have in another channel strip you can just drag it from your existing strip into the new channel

Haha I only found this out today much quicker if you tend to use the same type of plugins across your channels.

So did you know this feature was there is it even written in the manual,

I think this is a very cool feature, have you used this if so why did you not tell me Confused

Thumbs up for this feature
pretty sure this is inherited from Ardour and has been there for a long time.
Allan  Klinbail 

Steam Mastering - www.steam-mastering.com 
Yes it's a very cool thing and it has been in MB3 since earliest days.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Arh man come on ......I'm thinking wait until this forum finds out,

Well it is real cool and wanted to let people know that mixbus3 is not only the best sounding DAW but has some of the best features too.

I guess reading the manual can unlock some of these features

Thanks guys.
Hey I didn't know about it....so thanks! (I haven't read the manual either).
Thanks from me too! Tried this once in 2.5, big crash, so I never thought of trying it again.
(12-14-2015, 11:22 PM)novaburst Wrote: Arh man come on ......I'm thinking wait until this forum finds out,

Well it is real cool and wanted to let people know that mixbus3 is not only the best sounding DAW but has some of the best features too.

I guess reading the manual can unlock some of these features

Thanks guys.

Thanks for dragging this feature into the spotlight, and no it does not appear in the manual.... yet.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Great!
Could there be also:
- "duplicate track" option with all the plugs and their settings?
- or a "save plugin chain" on a track with all the settings?
it would be cool
Thanks
Tassy
(12-15-2015, 03:51 AM)Tassy Wrote: Great!
Could there be also:
- "duplicate track" option with all the plugs and their settings?

It's in the last Interim Release as far as i know.

(12-15-2015, 03:51 AM)Tassy Wrote: - or a "save plugin chain" on a track with all the settings?

I agree, especially for the mixbusses, it would be great.
Ya I do that all the time Nova. Another one to remove plugins Shift + right click used to work on the first release of Mixbus and I don't know what the developers decided to do on those interim releases, it is not working for me now.