Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very cool feature in mixbus 3
(12-23-2015, 05:42 AM)Tassy Wrote: I also use 3-4 mixbuses for reverb, delay, smack, etc, all the time
MB2.5 saved the mixbus and master plugins and their settings in the general session template. (what the "save as template" option is creating)
I have not checked the templates in V3 but maybe this fine feature was not removed I hope.

Seems you dont use mixbus 3 Hmmm

I tend to use different plugins all the time A and B them having all plugins where I can just slide them into a string section or bass and so on is much better,

different type of music you will more than likely use different plugins, thats why its a good idea to have all of your plugins in one place right in your session to call on them at will, instead of clicking the pop up menu .

But if you just use the same plugin over and over it would not make to much of a change to you,

My idea will benefit the plugin hungry user.
Yes MB2 does not offer the possibility you prefer.
Only in the template I use (have inserted) the same, in the session naturally I use different plugs.
I wanted to mean that I rarely meet a guy using half of the mixbuses just for reverb, delay etc, as I do. Most I met use the mixbuses for grouping.
To be exact you were the firstSmile so in that regard our work flow seems a bit in common.
I use roughly 5 busses for groups and 3 for delay/reverb/ect. Subject to change depending on my needs.

And yes templates work the same as the did in v2. At least as far as I've noticed. I use them all the time.
My reverb and delay are on aux. I use those 8 busses for parallel compression drum, guitar, keys and Vox. Everything in my mix has parallel compression I don't compress directly. I trim just a little bit to shape it before I send it to parallel bus and dead compress everything on parallel channel. Because of my workflow I always wish Harrison brought delay compensation every where. Saying this still it doesn't stop me from getting a good result and I'm grateful for that. Hey Harrison Bring extra busses or delay compensation on utility bus Rolleyes
@BHBstudio: Latency compensation for utility busses are on the to-do list, but don't hold your breath just yet. The list is long and it might well take until Mixbus4 or 5.
(12-28-2015, 11:45 AM)x42 Wrote: @BHBstudio: Latency compensation for utility busses are on the to-do list, but don't hold your breath just yet. The list is long and it might well take until Mixbus4 or 5.

Just out of curiosity, what other mainstream DAW's, if any, lack latency compensation on busses? It's good to know it's on the to do list though.
I don't think Reason has any type of latency compensation by default. I have sold it now I don't have it with me but my biggest problem with that DAW was phase problem. I don't think it has latency compensation by itself. If Reason called mainstream DAW, I don't know.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
I agree with jamip. Of course i'm not aware of what is for you a priority for Ardour / Mixbus and why you think so, as i'm not able to evaluate the complexity of implementing this feature.

But from my humble point of view, the lack of latency compensation for busses in a DAW in 2015 is a big weakness. I know for sure that it's enough for some people to think that Ardour is just a toy, or for others to finally choosing not to try Mixbus even if they were interested at first, just because of this lack. That's a pity.
(12-29-2015, 04:09 PM)youki Wrote: the lack of latency compensation for busses in a DAW in 2015 is a big weakness.

Agree 100%
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
(12-29-2015, 03:50 PM)jamip Wrote: Just out of curiosity, what other mainstream DAW's, if any, lack latency compensation on busses? It's good to know it's on the to do list though.

Bitwig trumpets that they're "among the first to get this right" (https://www.bitwig.com/en/bitwig_1up )

Proper latency compensation is far from trivial and I certainly do believe that most DAWs get this wrong. Some, which are particularly suited for live performance, don't even attempt since latency compensation generally increases overall latency which is not something one would want when preforming.