Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very cool feature in mixbus 3
(12-16-2015, 09:50 AM)novaburst Wrote: Maybe to have some area where all plugins can be seen on the mixer so we could have more of a broader scope to drag plugins to channel strips, but I did see you mention that it's high maintenance,

Do you mean to make it like this?

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-1890.html
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
@Andy76

I checked your post and noted that studio one has similar feature , seems a lot of us have similar ideas , saw the links

I think the way Harrison have implemented plugin management is preferred, not sure if you noticed but with Harrison mixbus3 you already can drag plugin s to your channel strips.

The great thing about the way mixbus implemented it is that you can see and drag the actual plugin, I prefer this than dragging the name of the plugin.

What I discovered is that the plugin that you are using in your charnel strips can be dragged across to any desired channel strip .

A way that you can take advantage of this is before you start your session you can do a little preparation.

This would mean you need to make one or two channel strips redundant and just use them to host the plugins you are more likely to use a cross your whole session or mix
(12-17-2015, 12:21 AM)novaburst Wrote: I think the way Harrison have implemented plugin management is preferred, not sure if you noticed but with Harrison mixbus3 you already can drag plugin s to your channel strips.

You can`t drag a plugin from a popup Plugin Manager into the channelstrip now.

(12-17-2015, 12:21 AM)novaburst Wrote: The great thing about the way mixbus implemented it is that you can see and drag the actual plugin, I prefer this than dragging the name of the plugin.

Name of the plugin = actual plugin.

(12-17-2015, 12:21 AM)novaburst Wrote: A way that you can take advantage of this is before you start your session you can do a little preparation.

This would mean you need to make one or two channel strips redundant and just use them to host the plugins you are more likely to use a cross your whole session or mix

That what Favorites tab is for.
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
Yes it would be nice to drag from the plugin menue,

But using favourites is even better because all the plugins would already be there waiting for you to drag tto your charnel strip , this would save the need to use the plugin menue.

So yes using favourites is great and even save and save as is a good way to have plugins stored in your channel strip for drag and drop.
(12-15-2015, 11:02 AM)Qualitymix Wrote: Also, don't forget that you can save track templates by right clicking the name of the track and click save template. Then when you create a new track, click on configuration and select your track template. Bam, plugins, everything is loaded.

I did not know this. Very useful, thanks!

Ted
(12-17-2015, 05:07 AM)novaburst Wrote: Yes it would be nice to drag from the plugin menue,

But using favourites is even better because all the plugins would already be there waiting for you to drag to your channel strip , this would save the need to use the plugin menu.

So yes using favourites is great and even save and save as is a good way to have plugins stored in your channel strip for drag and drop.

A fantastic new feature in V3 ! I will use it more and more, so we can have a sort of "collection" of channel strips, complete with EQ, Comp and plugins ! Tongue
- Chris -

www.amalvy.com
Dragging plugins across to channel strips,

I wanted to know how many plugins a channel strip could hold welll I am up to 37 plugins and I am still counting so I think it's safe to assume over a 100 plugins or as many as you want maybe even an infinite number of plugins.

This makes drag and drop very useful as it means you can host all your plugins in that one channel strip as you prepare for your productions.

You will need to mute or disarm that channel strip and just use it to host plugins for drag and drop

This will save you from having to use pop up menue every time you need to try out a new plugin as all your plugins would have been hosted already.

I think this drag and drop is a good time saver, a great way to quickly A and B different types of plugins ,

Becuase Mixbus 3 channel strips can hold an infinite number of plugins it would only mean that you need to scroll to locate the desired plugin, but the great thing is its all there in front of you , giving you great control over what plugin you want to use.
Filed under "Cool features you may not know about" - mouse wheel adjusts the control the mouse is over. Which explains a lot of why I thought a ghost was "helping" me mix Smile
Why not the option to save a Template on a BUS?
I use Bus 1 and 2 for reverb and delay and a EQ on every mix,
and it would be nice just to load a Template with all setting set.
and one more thing, in older releases, if you have some track Marked as a group I could use my scroll wheel on my mouse to adjust only one fades not the whole group, that don't work in the latest release :-(
Why do you take away a good feature, I want that Back Please!!

Ah yes one more thing 2872 crash if you try to delete a track,
on my setup anyway,

On Mac OS 10.10.5

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Tom.
Mac Pro i7 3,4Ghz (Hackintosh)| OS X 10.12.6 | 16GB | 500GB SSD/2TB SATA | Interface: Audinst HUD-MX2 DAC | Mixbus 32c & Mixbus 4| Russell Cottier Mixbus Controller | OLLOaudio Play2Me Headphone System |
I also use 3-4 mixbuses for reverb, delay, smack, etc, all the time
MB2.5 saved the mixbus and master plugins and their settings in the general session template. (what the "save as template" option is creating)
I have not checked the templates in V3 but maybe this fine feature was not removed I hope.