Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very cool feature in mixbus 3
(12-15-2015, 08:28 AM)BHBstudio Wrote: Ya I do that all the time Nova. Another one to remove plugins Shift + right click used to work on the first release of Mixbus and I don't know what the developers decided to do on those interim releases, it is not working for me now.

on my win7/64 it works
Also, don't forget that you can save track templates by right clicking the name of the track and click save template. Then when you create a new track, click on configuration and select your track template. Bam, plugins, everything is loaded.
(12-15-2015, 11:02 AM)Qualitymix Wrote: Also, don't forget that you can save track templates by right clicking the name of the track and click save template. Then when you create a new track, click on configuration and select your track template. Bam, plugins, everything is loaded.

Thanks it's great, like saving/recalling a channel plug chain.
Long found the forum is the best user's manualSmile
Tassy
(12-15-2015, 02:02 AM)Dingo Wrote:
(12-14-2015, 11:22 PM)novaburst Wrote: Arh man come on ......I'm thinking wait until this forum finds out,

Well it is real cool and wanted to let people know that mixbus3 is not only the best sounding DAW but has some of the best features too.

I guess reading the manual can unlock some of these features

Thanks guys.

Thanks for dragging this feature into the spotlight, and no it does not appear in the manual.... yet.

Thanks Bingo

I was thinking this has now changed up my work flow a little,

For those who are ear sensitive about what eq to use or what reverb to use or other plugins .

This feature now gives us a good quick option to A and B plugins.

An idea would be to make your 1st strip redundant and just load different types of eq's reverbs, compression, and more all in your 1st chancel strip , and just use that strip to access (drag) your plugins to the rest of your strips,

A great quick way to A and B different makes of plugins that give different colour, tones, warmth, and sound.

In saying this not sure how how much plugins a strip can take, or does it have the potential to make mixbus unstable.
I remember Ben telling in a tutorial in MB2 that the right clicking sometimes supprises even him how lot of options MB offers!
So a right click experiment is worth doing.
great one Quality mix.

jouvert
Mixbus/Windows- VST Plugins
(12-15-2015, 07:59 AM)youki Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 03:51 AM)Tassy Wrote: Great!
Could there be also:
- "duplicate track" option with all the plugs and their settings?

It's in the last Interim Release as far as i know.

Right click track name and towards bottom of popup menu is Duplicate Smile
(12-15-2015, 02:18 PM)Domino Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 07:59 AM)youki Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 03:51 AM)Tassy Wrote: Great!
Could there be also:
- "duplicate track" option with all the plugs and their settings?

It's in the last Interim Release as far as i know.

Right click track name and towards bottom of popup menu is Duplicate Smile

Thanks I go right clicking all the space, it offers a lot new options.
(12-14-2015, 05:46 PM)novaburst Wrote: 2) do the developers even know its there

I'll have to disappoint you on that account. Kudos go to Carl Hetherington who implemented this wondrous Drag/Drop feature back in 2009/10 and duplicating plugin-state has been high-maintenance ever since Sleepy

Anyway, keep sharing things that you discover.. I'm with Ben. Ardour is > 15 years old we certainly do have "Wow! Where did this feature come from?" moments...
(12-15-2015, 07:41 PM)x42 Wrote:
(12-14-2015, 05:46 PM)novaburst Wrote: 2) do the developers even know its there

I'll have to disappoint you on that account. Kudos go to Carl Hetherington who implemented this wondrous Drag/Drop feature back in 2009/10 and duplicating plugin-state has been high-maintenance ever since Sleepy

Anyway, keep sharing things that you discover.. I'm with Ben. Ardour is > 15 years old we certainly do have "Wow! Where did this feature come from?" moments...

I was brain storming and was wondering if the developers could maybe superimpose this feature,

Maybe to have some area where all plugins can be seen on the mixer so we could have more of a broader scope to drag plugins to channel strips, but I did see you mention that it's high maintenance,

Even though this feature has been around for some time I believe it's one of a high light feature, never ever seen this feature any where else

Anyway thank you for the great work you have done in mixbus3