Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your workflow

The main reason I'm checking MB out is because I'm tired of 'inter-species' solutions to my very modest software requirements. I want to be able to do it all inside one application that works, sounds good, and looks good. But if I *do* find myself using more than one DAW to get the job done, I want it to be as painless as possible. That situation you're in seems a bit clunky.
(10-20-2015, 10:50 AM)retro Wrote:
(10-20-2015, 03:34 AM)davidestevens Wrote:
That situation you're in seems a bit clunky.

Well, I ran through the process today - finishing the editing in Cubase and then exporting the tracks. It didn't take that long actually, though I only had 7 stereo tracks to deal with. So yes, clunky. I would stick with MB if I could, but the kind of track assembling and editing that I do is much slower in MB than it is in Cubase. Hey ho.
I have a completely different workflow again..
As an electronic producer, I work all my composition, arranging and most editing on an MPC2500 with the JJOS128xl operating system (and large screen)
The electronic hardware pushes through an A&H Zed R16.
I get the basic sound right in the A&H, including EQ.
I track into Mixbus and then finish my mix there..
Allan  Klinbail 

Steam Mastering - www.steam-mastering.com 
I track and compose in Digital Performer and then I export the stems and mix them in Mixbus 3.
I find that when you're working on an arrangement you can get accustomed to its sound and stop considering changes in balance, etc.
Starting to mix from scratch, opening the tracks one at a time and using MB's workflow has always given me a fresh perspective on the material I am working on. I always end up rediscovering little things that were buried in the arrangement mix
Then I do the final eqing and limiting in Studio One