Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your workflow
Agreed.

How do you think you'd handle the different versions (alts; 30-sec, etc): do them in the DAW or MB?
(07-22-2015, 11:16 AM)macmac Wrote: Agreed.

How do you think you'd handle the different versions (alts; 30-sec, etc): do them in the DAW or MB?

Well, that would depend on how different the versions really are from each other.

If I'm working on a rock song and suddenly I want to see how it would sound as an acoustic guitar ballad, sharing just a couple of things like vocals among the two versions, I would start a new project on my main DAW.

I think that, basically, if the different versions share more tracks, have more things in common than not, I could edit them in Mixbus. If they share just a few tracks, I would edit them on my other DAW.

If it's just a matter of muting a few tracks here and there, to test things like, as an example, a version with and another without keyboards, then it could be easily done in Mixbus.
If I'm Recording, I'll track & edit in Reaper then import tracks into Mixbus for mixing.
Win 10 64 bit, intel core i7-8700, 16GB RAM, Mackie ONYX blackbird interface
(07-20-2015, 04:44 PM)tinoroho Wrote: Maybe, instead of trying to turn Mixbus into a full-featured DAW, the guys from Harrison should work on ways to integrate it into other DAW's workflow more fluidly. You know, make the routing thing easier and more intuitive.

I've been experiencing with the routing thing using Jack, Virtual Audio Cable and ReRout, but it's a ridiculously disruptive process, independently of the method. I'm sure the terrific programmers from Harrison could make this process much easier if they wanted to, though. This would be one good way to go, in my opinion.

+1 !!!
Mac Pro 2 x 2,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 12 GB,
Logic X, MB2.5, 3, 4,
MB32C 3.7
Win7 Intel Xeon 2.40 GHz, 64 bit, 8 GB, Reaper, MB3
All slices, audio editing, midi work flow, and some effect inside cubase.

all audio stems and eq, reverbs mixed and masterd in mixbus,

not sure if i will ever use midi in mixbus dont think if its worth the hassle pro tools, cubase, logic, cakewalk, fruity loops have been in the midi world since the beginning of time and offer so much for midi work with all needed vst instruments effects, synths and more.

I use mixbus as it should be used, as a console, any one using mixbus for any thing else is missing the point.
(07-25-2015, 06:04 PM)novaburst Wrote: All slices, audio editing, midi work flow, and some effect inside cubase.

all audio stems and eq, reverbs mixed and masterd in mixbus,

not sure if i will ever use midi in mixbus dont think if its worth the hassle pro tools, cubase, logic, cakewalk, fruity loops have been in the midi world since the beginning of time and offer so much for midi work with all needed vst instruments effects, synths and more.

I use mixbus as it should be used, as a console, any one using mixbus for any thing else is missing the point.
I agree with this! If it is decided during the mixing or mastering phase that I need to add something...it's nice to have the midi and recording available, but I don't plan on doing any heavy lifting with either. These additions are more of the maturing of Ardour 4 and not so much the point of Mixbus 3.
Hi Everyone!
I have been sending my ways how I mix in Mixbus for a friend to US, he advised to put them on youtube, I did.

Now I remembered there was this thread about work flow in Mixbus, so I thought to lead you guys to my youtube videos for all who can make some use of themSmile

I do not know video editing at all so they are as recorded.

Their titles begin with 01 ,02, 03,... Mixing Tutorials in Mixbus: ...title
The texts below the videos may contain some important notices so may be worth checking.
Here is the first one as an example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkebS7Tw6Fc

You can listen to and check my mixes produced by this work flow and decide whether it is of any use by visiting my soundcloud site:
https://soundcloud.com/the-crazy-fingers/

The tutorials are in MB2.5 and you may ask why not V3?

- I began them when V3 was not released,
- V3 is too new and there are great many requests and suggestions from us in the forum. Most of them will be done by the diligent Harrison Guys, V3 is changing nowadays so it would be early to release tutorials in it, I think.
- My work flow will be the same in V3 as well...

If only some of you can benefit anything from them it will be great

Best wishes
Tassy
(07-30-2015, 06:42 AM)Tassy Wrote: Hi Everyone!
I have been sending my ways how I mix in Mixbus for a friend to US, he advised to put them on youtube, I did.

- My work flow will be the same in V3 as well...

If only some of you can benefit anything from them it will be great

Best wishes
Tassy

Great post and wonderful selection of videos Tassy. Just looking at part one .... Thanks Smile
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(07-30-2015, 06:42 AM)Tassy Wrote: Hi Everyone!

Best wishes
Tassy

Hi Tassy, Thank You for the video.
Regarding the reference track...

was trying to do similar thing in my Logic
but never was happy with,
but then I've found this:

https://www.samplemagic.com/details/184/magic-ab

it works fantastically in MB, without any troubles.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ALL !!! :)
Mac Pro 2 x 2,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 12 GB,
Logic X, MB2.5, 3, 4,
MB32C 3.7
Win7 Intel Xeon 2.40 GHz, 64 bit, 8 GB, Reaper, MB3
I use Mixbus like as an analog desk.... thanks to virtual routing on mac i produce with Logic or Reaper or Cubase and Reason in rewire in function of what i need but monitoring through Mixbus. The best of both worlds, thanks Harrison.Big Grin
Harrison Mixbus 32c v9, Cubase 12, Reaper, Wavelab 11, macOS 13.3. Apple Mac mini M1 16GB Ram 512GB SSD. Many Plugins,Instruments and Gadgets.