Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus v7.0 - Now Available!
@Scardanelli:

It is certainly our intent to load sessions from all prior versions of Mixbus.

We have a pile of old sessions in our testing system.  Every night, we do an automatic build of Mixbus and 32C, (mac/windows/linux, 64bit/32bit) and all of those flavors are run, and required to open all the old sessions successfully.  Not only does it test that the sessions open, but we also check that it nulls against a known-good audio result.

If there's an error then I get an email and we can see what changed yesterday that might have caused the fault.

That said, it's certainly possible that your old session has a particular feature or setting that isn't represented in our test sessions. I'd love to get that session snapshot file from you, so we can investigate it.  You can send it to our mixbus@  support email.

-Ben
@Ben

Thanks Ben - I will send the file along with the error crash report - I did in fact download version 5 and tried it in that but still no go.

I know of course you aim for backward compatibility - but how often on this forum do you read "have you tried starting a new session in Mixbus XX, rather than opening an old one?" in response to posts about errors etc. I know that every time there's an update, some of us have problems! Not everyone of course, and maybe there's something particular about my system that is causing a problem. But, as I said in my post, I can open Pro Tools sessions, Cubase sessions, Logic sessions way past their sell by date.

Naturally I never update during a project, but I really want to feel confident that I can visit older projects if need be.
I'm pleased to report that after installing the new version, my problem sessions have opened in v7, so I am quite pleased with the support team and I hope the crash report helped. Thanks!
Now with v7 I've finally been able to completely move over and step away from Pro Tools unless needed. One thing I'm noticing though is when editing large sessions (30-40+ tracks) it will occasionally crash on me. Not sure what's causing that. Thankfully, it will let me go right back to the session even if I haven't saved. Would love to see a fix for that though. I'm on high sierra. I believe my MB32C is the latest version.