Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C: v7.0150 - Update Now Available
(07-09-2021, 06:36 AM)Stephane Morisse Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 06:58 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: There was little in it for me, too, this time. But perhaps a lot for others. Next time around it may be different. That's the way it is but I never question supporting an overall positive development. As Scardanelli said: it's a bargain anyway.

Cheers, MMM

My comparison was based on Reaper's policy...
Not sure about the "bargain" as Mixbus has crashed with a live recording in the rec window, and I was supposed to use it for video editing.

Don't know about anyone else but I do all my video editing in Da Vinci Resolve, and just mix my audio in Mixbus....

As to crashes and technical issues - there are always issues in software - if you have a particularly bad experience, you should talk to support. Harrison's support is exemplary and has never failed to resolve an issue (see what I did there...?).

As a matter of good professional practice I've learnt to rely on software that I'm absolutely convinced will hold up for the job, so in a live situation I wouldn't use Mixbus - it's overkill for what you need. Keep it simple is my motto - live tracking (and I mean concert live not studio live) in Studio One has been rock solid for me, keep it no frills no plugins no monitoring just a bunch of inputs to tracks. Then all tracks into Mixbus for that wonderful sound. Choose your weapons carefully!
(07-09-2021, 08:01 AM)Scardanelli Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 06:36 AM)Stephane Morisse Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 06:58 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: There was little in it for me, too, this time. But perhaps a lot for others. Next time around it may be different. That's the way it is but I never question supporting an overall positive development. As Scardanelli said: it's a bargain anyway.

Cheers, MMM

My comparison was based on Reaper's policy...
Not sure about the "bargain" as Mixbus has crashed with a live recording in the rec window, and I was supposed to use it for video editing.

Don't know about anyone else but I do all my video editing in Da Vinci Resolve, and just mix my audio in Mixbus....

As to crashes and technical issues - there are always issues in software - if you have a particularly bad experience, you should talk to support. Harrison's support is exemplary and has never failed to resolve an issue (see what I did there...?).

As a matter of good professional practice I've learnt to rely on software that I'm absolutely convinced will hold up for the job, so in a live situation I wouldn't use Mixbus - it's overkill for what you need. Keep it simple is my motto - live tracking (and I mean concert live not studio live) in Studio One has been rock solid for me, keep it no frills no plugins no monitoring just a bunch of inputs to tracks. Then all tracks into Mixbus for that wonderful sound. Choose your weapons carefully!
I naively thought a Daw was designed to record audio... Sure I could record in Reaper then mix in Mixbus, but I thought the only selling point of V7 was the rec window...
And just to illustrate what I mean about updates content / price ratio, just read the change log for a minor version update in Reaper : 
https://www.reaper.fm/download.php
(07-11-2021, 06:39 AM)Stephane Morisse Wrote: And just to illustrate what I mean about updates content / price ratio, just read the change log for a minor version update in Reaper : 
https://www.reaper.fm/download.php
I don't think the changelog illustrates anything different from many software minor version updates, mainly bugfixes and minor tweaks.
That page says Reaper 6 is $60 which covers till v7.99. Presumably Reaper 8 will be another $60 (that page says nothing about upgrade pricing).
If you own a Mixbus licence you will probably get an email offer to upgrade from any version to the latest for $19. Sounds like a bargain to me.

And no, I'm not biased. I own a Reaper 5 licence.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

I naively thought a Daw was designed to record audio...

I use since 2013 Mixbus as my only tracker andDAW.  I was evaluating very daw on the market before. Sold them all, did  a full rest, whiped all bad habits and started fresh

Never had a crash, and first basic mix is there with the first cups of coffee.

I think the biggest problem with mixbus is that people bring PR,Reaper habits , and lessons , and apply them to mixbus
like letting a British driver ride in Europe. 

does not work for a reason

Kind regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
I bought mix us 32c at version 5, bought v6 upgrade, and paid 79€ for V7. And never got an offer for 19€.
Harrison run numerous specials each year where you can take advantage of great reductions. 
Check out their Specials page 
https://harrisonconsoles.com/specials.html
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(07-12-2021, 03:55 AM)Stephane Morisse Wrote: I bought mix us 32c at version 5, bought v6 upgrade, and paid 79€ for V7. And never got an offer for 19€.

$19 is Mixbus upgrade offer, not 32C. Mixbus 32C upgrade is $79 (or €79 I guess).
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.