Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mixbus32C v6.0.652 update (now .702)
We have published a new version of Mixbus32C, v6.0.652, with several improvements!

This software update is free for both "Demo" and "Licensed" users of Mixbus32C.

These fixes and improvements will also apply to the upcoming (regular) Mixbus v6 release!

To download the latest software, please visit the Mixbus32C product page, and click "Download".

Changes since the last hotfix release .251:
  • New feature: "Show Sends" from aux buses: click "Show Sends" to hide all tracks that don't send to this bus; and allow adjustment of the sends (including panner, if applicable) from the main fader area
  • New feature: when creating a new session, the name is auto-filled with a temporary name. This allows you to create a session and then decide "later" if you want to name and save it. You'll be prompted to save the session when you quit (if you haven't already saved it). You can choose to delete it on-the-spot if you prefer.
  • New feature: View->Automation->Toggle all automation: shows/hides all automation tracks at once
  • New feature: View->Toggle Layer display: toggles all {selected} tracks between layered and stacked region view
  • Implemented a return to the v4 Solo behavior: you can now solo a track, and a reverb mixbus, and hear only the "wet" sound.
  • A stereo channel's Direct Out now follows the main channel panner knob (like it did it earlier v5)
  • Fixed a long-requested issue with (DAW-style) Aux Sends: Can now select "Link panners" from the context menu, and the aux-pan will follow the main strip's pan knob. This defaults "ON" for a new aux send.
  • The editor-mixer strip “polarity invert” buttons were not correctly following the selected strip. This has been fixed.
  • The Master-bus name slate has returned, so you can see the values as you adjust the master-bus EQ and Compressor knobs.
  • Fixed an offset of the fader midpoint not being exactly on the 0dB line (especially noticeable on longer VCA faders).
  • The mixbus-send knobs didn't point perfectly at 12 o'clock when set to 'unity'. This has been fixed.
  • Fixed an oversight where Snap didn’t work until there was at least one marker (like: start&end)
  • Fixed timestretch duration, and improve performance/speed of timestretch tool in the editor.
  • In the Window->MIDI Monitor window, only MIDI tracks were displaying their traffic. MIDI controllers did not show any traffic. This has been fixed.
  • The “velocity” bar inside a midi note now stretches from the very start to very end; this removes some ambiguity when you are zoomed out
  • Stop transport-clocks from jumping after the transport was located with a playhead-drag
  • Display unit-labels of VST plugin parameters in more places
  • Do not allow aux-sends from the master bus, and prevent drag&drop of auxes in all cases.
  • In PFL mode: Clicking any Solo button resulted in a deadlock/hang. This has been fixed.
  • Clicking the VCA assign button at the bottom of the track with no VCAs in the session causes the button to depress but never come back up. This has been fixed.
....and dozens of smaller fixes!

Thanks for your continuing support!

-Ben at Harrison
Ben, thank you, great update. However, the "Show sends" function is currently unusable because the track names disappear. I believe it will be fixed soon and I also look forward to supporting this feature with Faderpot 8/16 hardware. Thanks.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C v6, UA Apollo Twin MkII, Faderport 8, Win10x64, i5-6300HQ, 16 GB RAM, BM6A, NS-10M...
Oops! Will fix.
Two more thing. Foldback displays inverted panoramas for each send. The "Show Sends" button is incorrectly displayed in the Audio Track.

Mixbus/Mixbus32C v6, UA Apollo Twin MkII, Faderport 8, Win10x64, i5-6300HQ, 16 GB RAM, BM6A, NS-10M...
(04-06-2020, 04:24 PM)JiriR Wrote: Ben, thank you, great update. However, the "Show sends" function is currently unusable because the track names disappear.

(04-06-2020, 04:45 PM)JiriR Wrote: ....
The "Show Sends" button is incorrectly displayed in the Audio Track.

I noticed that as well.

New version .654 is now on the store, for those who are affected by these 2 issues.

The name on the "sends" faders is not very pretty, but I figured something is better than nothing, and I'll improve it in a future version.

Regarding JiriR's foldback-pan issue: there are several small fixes for "Foldback buses" that will be delayed until a later version.

-Ben
Hi, I use AATranslator to convert sessions from Samplitude and Reaper to MixBus 32c. With this version I get sessions (converted) that have no EQ or COMP in the tracks. Is there a way to get them back (EQ and COMP modules)? Any kind of track reset? I already contacted AATranslator's developers. They are amazing fixing their software. I think soon they will send me an update. Just got curious about this possibility. The graphics work (EQ and COMP in the Mixer) but nothing happens to the sound.

32c is getting better and better. For me now I "just" :-) need ARA integration (to use melodyne) and the ability to import tracks from other sessions or something like "add a session to another session" for the times I need to update my mix with new tracks that are not a complete audio file from begining to end.

Thanks
@rods: please send that "converted" session to us, so we can try it here: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

Thanks!
Sent!
got it, thanks!
(04-07-2020, 09:36 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: New version .654 is now on the store, for those who are affected by these 2 issues.

The name on the "sends" faders is not very pretty, but I figured something is better than nothing, and I'll improve it in a future version.

-Ben

Thanks a lot, I can at least work with it.