Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mixbus32C v6.0.652 update (now .702)
thanks for the honesty Ben!
Hah! You are welcome.

I sometimes get questions about why we don't "push" minor updates to our users via a popup or email, and this is a good example of why we don't do that.

We only "push" an update (like v6.0 or 6.1) after a long period of testing and vetting.

-Ben
(04-06-2020, 12:37 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: [*]New feature: View->Automation->Toggle all automation: shows/hides all automation tracks at once

This detail improved my workflow so much more than I'd imagine.
Thanks a million!
Keyboard shortcut, and now my automation lines fly on and off all the time. Large projects are suddenly so much easier to handle.
Didn't know I wanted it, yet I love it.
Awesome, thanks for the nice comment krans!
Hi Ben.
"MacOS thread priority fixes - should dramatically improve cpu usage when using smaller buffer (lower latency) settings."

Is this an improvement over v5 too?
Hey Mixbus Team

I have been using Mixbus for a while now and I'm still on Mixbus32C v5, and I must say that Mixbus is one the best software I have used.

Yes it may take some time to get the engine startup up and for the plugin to load etc, and I have experienced a good few crashes along the way, but other features such as the fully functional mouse control across all the parameters, the per knob function/slider/button etc., makes it very intuitive and super fast to manoeuvre around.

However, being a software that give you valuable mixing and mastering tools, I feel that there's just a two things that would make Mixbus the best software on the planet. I would be great if Mixbus had:

1) The addition of a Bandwidth control (knob), making it a 4 band fully parametric EQ on very channel strip
2) The addition of a built in music notation software, something like the Musescore (Free/Opensource)

Having these two additional features would make Mixbus the best Recording and mixing software on the planet in my opinion, as it would accommodate both the devout Mix Engineer and the Musicologist/Composer.

NB: Using a PC with 8C/16T CPU, RX580 GPU, 32GB Ram, HD Monitor, with all latest software etc...
(05-07-2020, 02:39 AM)chordworks Wrote: 2) The addition of a built in music notation software, something like the Musescore (Free/Opensource)

I disagree. Audio/MIDI recording and music notation are both complex tasks, each better left to their own specialized tools/apps in my opinion.

MuseScore is an excellent music notation program, which was originally developed as an add-on for the Muse MIDI/audio recording app, the developers of which wisely (in my opinion) detached the music notation portion of the app in order to focus upon and improve the notation facility and functionality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MuseScore

I think that many people are inclined to object to a "Swiss army knife" approach that attempts to bundle disparate tools intended for different ultimate objectives or goals, which often creates cumbersome software bloat and an erosion of the quality of the various components.
Mixbus32C, Pianoteq, Linux (Mint, XFCE edition) w/lowlatency kernel
(06-29-2020, 09:43 AM)steve_d Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 02:39 AM)chordworks Wrote: 2) The addition of a built in music notation software, something like the Musescore (Free/Opensource)

I disagree. Audio/MIDI recording and music notation are both complex tasks, each better left to their own specialized tools/apps in my opinion.

MuseScore is an excellent music notation program, which was originally developed as an add-on for the Muse MIDI/audio recording app, the developers of which wisely (in my opinion) detached the music notation portion of the app in order to focus upon and improve the notation facility and functionality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MuseScore

I think that many people are inclined to object to a "Swiss army knife" approach that attempts to bundle disparate tools intended for different ultimate objectives or goals, which often creates cumbersome software bloat and an erosion of the quality of the various components.
+1, We are not far from someone asking for a feature that MB should also be able to switch the watering tap in the garden on scheduleSmile
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(06-29-2020, 09:43 AM)steve_d Wrote: I think that many people are inclined to object to a "Swiss army knife" approach that attempts to bundle disparate tools intended for different ultimate objectives or goals, which often creates cumbersome software bloat and an erosion of the quality of the various components.

Agree

One other big contender for me is Lilypond about the only type setting program suitable to produce scores for sight reading for me.

regards

Frank

(06-29-2020, 10:08 AM)Tassy Wrote: +1, We are not far from someone asking for a feature that MB should also be able to switch the watering tap in the garden on scheduleSmile

Feature request solved Tassy !!

One can start any event now from midi. Be it explosions, smoke, raise elevators or Tap on !! Even a event which warns on your mobile you to leave the garden because it will be watered.

Back to music

Regards

I just checked : I stiil have your famous version 2.5 on my system too

Rolleyes
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(06-29-2020, 09:43 AM)steve_d Wrote: I disagree. Audio/MIDI recording and music notation are both complex tasks, each better left to their own specialized tools/apps in my opinion.

It's always nice to do everything in one program when possible and just like MIDI, notation also belongs in a DAW IMO.

That said, MuseScore is a nice program and Rosegarden should not be forgotten either. To me, Rosegarden is easier to use, but that might be because I'm used to it, or maybe I should say that I was used to be used to it!
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox