Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Interim Release" Mixbus v3.3.67 - Mac AudioUnit sidechaining!
"Interim Releases" are Mixbus packages that allow users to view the current state of Mixbus development between official releases. Interim releases are best-suited to technical users who are comfortable installing and managing multiple versions of software on their machines.

You can determine which version of Mixbus you are using by visiting the "About" page. If the version says 3.3.67 then you are already using this release.

You should only download an "interim release" if it fixes an important bug for you. Interim releases allow us to fix specific issues for our users, or beta-test new features. They are not as thoroughly tested as official releases, so you may find that an interim release is not as stable as the official releases. They might even cause damage to your session files (although we test to avoid this), so please make a backup of any important sessions before opening them in an interim release.

Please do not post these links outside our forum, because the links are not permanent, and they do not represent a finished state.

If you have questions or comments, please reach us at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

Mac OSX:
v3.3.67 version provides several small but important improvements for Mac OSX:
  • AudioUnit plugins with "sidechain input buses" can now show their sidechain inputs(*)
  • AudioUnit instruments with "output buses" can now show more outputs(*)
  • Fixed the Preferences window for German users ( for sure this time ).

(*) these new features require that you clear and re-scan your plugins by visiting Preferences->Plugins. Click "Clear AU Cache", then click "Scan".

All platforms:
  • Add a "Go To" button for each location marker in the "Ranges & Marks" tab of the editor sidebar.
  • Slightly faster session opening and closing.
  • Switching snapshots no longer causes the Audio Setup window to appear (if the new snapshot uses the same sample rate)
  • Fixed a problem where tracks with Sends&Inserts couldn't be "duplicated".
  • Fixed the "Ess-band solo" function in the XT-DS De-Esser.
  • The compressor gain reduction meter no longer shows full gain redux when the track is inactive.
  • Fixed a rare crash bug that was associated with plugins that add latency.
  • Fixed the "Videos" link from the Help menu.

Mac 64bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...x86_64.dmg

Mac 32bit:

http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...7-i386.dmg

Windows 64bit: ( note: updated with VST latency fix )
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-Setup.exe
NOTE: during installation, if you receive an error about "ArdourMono.ttf" font, just click "Ignore"

Windows 32bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-Setup.exe
NOTE: during installation, if you receive an error about "ArdourMono.ttf" font, just click "Ignore"

Linux 64bit
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...3.3.67.tar
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...7-gcc5.tar (for gcc5 distros)

Linux 32bit
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...3.3.67.tar
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...7-gcc5.tar (for gcc5 distros)
Thanks Ben and all the developers Smile
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-27-2016, 03:11 PM)Dingo Wrote: Thanks Ben and all the developers Smile

Yeah !! Thanks !!

In Dutch Dank u heren !

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
graag gedaan.
I never finished the document where i would ask/ suggest that midi input on a mixbus would be a wonderfull thing to have.

I saw in 3.2 2290 that one could add a midi input to the bus: but i failed to be able to connect it . In 3.3 15 the input was gone again Sad

I was so happy that in 3.3. 67 i could actually connect a midi to a device

almost

When one wants to connect to the outside world hovering above the button shows nicely sidechain1/ midi 1 : but pressing the button we get the audio routing, not midi. The midi connections manager also shows no mixbusses. Sad

So happy the pin window is lovely !!
Why Midi in a mixbus ? Numerous ! Tuned filters, a bit like the Bass character line, tuned formats Formants, Vocoding like stuff.

So temporarily back to my workaround : post fade into a channel with the effect.

Note: I can add several Midi connections to the device: Now we have to make a device wich has several midi inputs Wink

Thanks again for this new version anyhow !!

Regards

PS X42 speaks dutch ? Handy with Google translator
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Opening "audio-routing" on a midi-sidechain input is a bug. You can meanwhile use Menu > Window > Midi Connections. Sidechains are listed under "Mixbus Misc"

Mixbusses have no "normal" inputs, they only receive audio from mixbus assigns (which is crucial for latency compensation).
But yeah Sidechains can work around this:

Add a Synth to a Mixbus, open its Pin Connections, enable Side-chaining, add a MIDI SideChain port (optionally remove the automatically generate audio SC port).
Connect the MiDI sidechain (violet port) to the plugin's MIDI input-pin.. Then use the Midi Connections Window to connect some keyboard to the Sidechain.
(04-27-2016, 06:52 PM)x42 Wrote: Opening "audio-routing" on a midi-sidechain input is a bug. You can meanwhile use Menu > Window > Midi Connections. Sidechains are listed under "Mixbus Misc"

Mixbusses have no "normal" inputs, they only receive audio from mixbus assigns (which is crucial for latency compensation).
But yeah Sidechains can work around this:

Add a Synth to a Mixbus, open its Pin Connections, enable Side-chaining, add a MIDI SideChain port (optionally remove the automatically generate audio SC port).
Connect the MiDI sidechain (violet port) to the plugin's MIDI input-pin.. Then use the Midi Connections Window to connect some keyboard to the Sidechain.

Cool : I had not seen Sidechains are listed under "Mixbus Misc" Only look for a mixbus tab, next to the tracks. In the midi connection manager

Thanks for the quick augmentation !

Regards
Frank W. Kooistra

I just re-checked. the "routing grid" does open midi connections. Maybe the confusing part is that Midi ports are always listed first (adding a MIDI SC input will add a new port above the existing audio one, then again you did check the tooltip, odd)

In any case this is what it looks like here on the test rig:

Found it. If the sidechain has both audio and midi port. the "routing grid" directly reachable from the buttons does not list Hardware inputs.
(04-27-2016, 07:23 PM)x42 Wrote: Found it. If the sidechain has both audio and midi port. the "routing grid" directly reachable from the buttons does not list Hardware inputs.

Yeah !

Thanks for scrutinizing ! I had double checked ...

Regards

Still puzzeling

Interesting things appearing : levels send in the channels

The tiptools are a bit difficult to decode

Moving them makes it easy to identify which is the connection

Looks like the midi side chain in gets a level control ?
Have look what the input is than.. Wink

As an input for the side chain the output of a stereo channel is suggested : those are summed ? In the audio window one can select both or left or right

Gets interesting !
added a screen shot
Summary
The send to midi sidechain comes from the midi channel effects 1 : but has a level sent and a level receive th mono audio sidechain gets input from left + right audio channel eff audio

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Frank W. Kooistra