Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Interim Release" Mixbus v3.3.67 - Mac AudioUnit sidechaining!
The rerouting of the pinconnections of the inserts is an incredible nice solution!
Only now I loose quiet a bit of gain listening vs bypassing the plugin that got rerouted to mono from stereo...but that is a rather small issue.
Thanks again, I'm going to try Mixbus 32C tonight... I'm very excited with this great news!

Benny.
Thanks a lot guys!
I also use AD2, Session Drummer and JamStix for creating drum tracks in Mixbus, and the pin connection possibilities make things a lot easier and flexible. Just great! Drums tracks produced in Mixbus sound really classy, btw...
i guess, the 'audio unit sidechainining' feature isnt yet implemented in the 32c release? anyway 32c is pure fun!
Mac Pro 3.1 / OS 10.9.5 / 2x RME Fireface800 / Harrison Mixbus 32c / Logic Control / SPL Mixdream / Harrison Lineage /
Hi everyone.
I installed this last interim release on mac, I cleared and rescan the AU Cache and I tried to sidechain a kick audio track to a stereo audio synth track by using my CL1B compressor.
Unfortunately I didn't get it to work. Then I saw the video about the new pin connections and I saw Ben using the sidechain feature with a LV2 compressor which supports metadata...
So, finally we cannot use our vst-au plugin compressors for sidechaining. Or I'm missing something?
thanks in advance
Windows 10, Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro, UAD 2 octo, http://www.youtube.com/user/NikosPitloglou/videos
You can manually add side-chain inputs - the lack of meta-data only means Mixbus does not add them automatically.

However, In case the plugin is capable of processing stereo signals and you are using it on a mono-track, manually adding a single side-chain input will only expose the 2nd (right) input (hover the mouse over the plugin input pin and verify the name).

There has been some further work on AU (variable i/o) Sidechaining since v3.3.67; meanwhile you can work around this by adding more SC inputs.
Woww, thanks x42 for the fastest response. Smile
I'm going to try that right now.

well.. I tried but what happens is that the sidechain pin connection replace the original audio input.
No luck here.

(05-02-2016, 11:13 AM)x42 Wrote: You can manually add side-chain inputs - the lack of meta-data only means Mixbus does not add them automatically.

However, In case the plugin is capable of processing stereo signals and you are using it on a mono-track, manually adding a single side-chain input will only expose the 2nd (right) input (hover the mouse over the plugin input pin and verify the name).

There has been some further work on AU (variable i/o) Sidechaining since v3.3.67; meanwhile you can work around this by adding more SC inputs.

well.. I tried but what happens is that the sidechain pin connection replace the original audio input.
No luck here.
Windows 10, Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro, UAD 2 octo, http://www.youtube.com/user/NikosPitloglou/videos
This looks like the right-channel input (not the plugin's SC input).

What is the annotation when you hover of the right pin (see screenshot)?
If you add another SC audio input (button bottom right), do more pins appear?

(05-02-2016, 01:40 PM)x42 Wrote: This looks like the right-channel input (not the plugin's SC input).

What is the annotation when you hover of the right pin (see screenshot)?
If you add another SC audio input (button bottom right), do more pins appear?

No, don't appear more pins at any of my compressor plugins which I know that support sidechaining. However, appear extra pins on BlueCat's Patchwork and DDMF's Metaplugin (???)
I also tried to work with bx_dynEQ and no luck at all. I'm expecting the next release.
Odd, does http://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hor...comp-plus/ work for you guys? (that's one where I know sidechaining works for sure)

All that's changed in prep for the next release so far is to allow to allow to manually request pins (stereo sidechain compressor on mono track).