Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Interim Release" Mixbus v3.3.67 - Mac AudioUnit sidechaining!
Just tried Addictive Drum 2 with this release and multiout option using pin management worked beautifully!

Finally I can use Mixbus as a production tool Big Grin

Thanks to all the Mixbus dev team for this great release!!!

Go Harrison!!!
MacMini M1 16gb RAM - MacOS 13.6.6 - Apollo silver +  Apollo 16 silver w/Thunderbolt & Satellite OCTO Thunderbolt - SSL UF8/UC1 - Softube Console 1/Fader - UAD v11.2 - Mixbus 10 Pro ARM
(04-27-2016, 07:35 PM)Frank Wrote: Looks like the midi side chain in gets a level control ?
Have look what the input is than.. Wink

It scales MIDI-velocity.
The normal track fader does that as well if there is a midi-signal at the fader.

It's actually the output level of the "send" which feeds the sidechain input, conveniently made accessible on the receiving side.
It is not displayed if multiple sends feed into the sidechain input.

(04-27-2016, 07:35 PM)Frank Wrote: As an input for the side chain the output of a stereo channel is suggested : those are summed ?
In the audio window one can select both or left or right

yes, they are summed.

By default a single sidechain input port (which is mono) is connected to all ports at the source-side.

You can use the routing grid to add more sources or disconnect ports.

A stereo side-chain need a bit of clicking. Add one more audio SC input, then use the routing grid to connect them to L/R respectively.
Mixbus is not smart enough to automatically do that and I don't think it should be.

Single SC-input: connect to all sources is the common case. Easy and simple. If we add more rules what Mixbus should do in various cases it all just gets confusing. The idea behind listing ports available in the dropdown and automatically creating a send was that you don't need to shift focus. But for more complex SC routings you need to think about it anyway. ie From which tracks are the signals coming.. how should mono/stereo combinations be handled etc.

BTW those automatically added orange Sidechain sends are just "normal" External Sends (right click > New External Send). They are only special in the way that they remove themselves when disconnected. Like normal sends, the send-level can also be automated.
One more note: For Multi-bus Audio-Units Mixbus adds ports sequentially.

In the case of Addictive Drums2 one cannot select Master (1+2) and Overhead (11+12) only. One has to take all the ones in between 1...12 currently.

This is subject for future improvement.

Likewise for inputs: e.g. the Hornet MultiComp on a mono track. The first SC input will add one more input to Hornet. But that is actually Hornet's Right input Exclamation
add a 2nd sidechain input and hornet's Sidechain bus will appear. (Hover over the plugin pins and the name will show it)

Awww all those details.. Blush Mixbus will get there in the end.
Hi Development team / X42

Thanks for the man page addendum i just got.
I am impressed with the decisions made in development of this PIN connections module.

After my hesitations, (did i now create an audio input to midi ? ) it looks very workable.

I am truly impressed and thankful!!

Regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Newbie question about interim releases (I've never installed one before) - this disclaimer's a bit scary:

"You should only download an "interim release" if it fixes an important bug for you. Interim releases allow us to fix specific issues for our users, or beta-test new features. They are not as thoroughly tested as official releases, so you may find that an interim release is not as stable as the official releases. They might even cause damage to your session files (although we test to avoid this), so please make a backup of any important sessions before opening them in an interim release."

Has anyone actually experienced damaged session files with an interim release?
I don't believe anyone has ever reported a damaged session. Mixbus sessions are plain human-readable XML, and auto-backups are generated. So we can usually recover from nearly anything, anyway.

However we print the disclaimer "just in case". Particularly for users who are in the middle of an important project.

-Ben
(04-28-2016, 12:02 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: I don't believe anyone has ever reported a damaged session. Mixbus sessions are plain human-readable XML, and auto-backups are generated. So we can usually recover from nearly anything, anyway.

However we print the disclaimer "just in case". Particularly for users who are in the middle of an important project.

-Ben

Got it. Thanks. Installing 3.3.67 today. Big Grin
NOTE: the Windows link was updated to 3.3.72 to fix a problem with latency compensation on 64bit VST plugins.
(04-28-2016, 01:26 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: NOTE: the Windows link was updated to 3.3.72 to fix a problem with latency compensation on 64bit VST plugins.

Yeah, that's the one I downloaded actually. Thanks.
It says the videos link is fixed in the update but I find it still shows "Page Not Found"?
W7 home Premiumx64,,,, AVlinux.
I started out with nothing & still have most of it left! (Seasick Steve)Big Grin