Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus v3.3.15 -- a FREE update for Mixbus v3 users
Mixbus "Plugged-In Members" received a surprise gift yesterday ... Mixbus version 3.3 !

Mixbus version 3.3 includes an important advancement: Plugin pin connection management

This feature dramatically improves your control over the signal-flow in the channelstrip. It improves the default plugin routing (so stereo VST's can be used in a mono channel without causing the channel to switch to stereo outputs). It also allows very flexible selection of sources to feed your plugin sidechain inputs. ( note: the sidechain-feed feature does not yet work on Mac AU plugins, but that feature will be added in an upcoming update )

To learn more, watch this video:

Improvements and fixes:
  • Waveform-drawing is now multi-threaded. This will allow big sessions to open faster.
  • Loudness report can now be done on any region & range in addition to the Export window.
  • Drag & Drop a plugin onto another of the same plugin to copy the plugin's state (this also works for the channelstrip EQ & Compressor)
  • Never change sample-rate saved with the session after creation. A message dialog will appear if you try to open a session while the soundcard is using the wrong rate. (this should help avoid the occasionally-reported problem of a session that is accidentally saved at the wrong rate)
  • Track Rec-arm buttons now provide more contrast when a track is armed for recording.
  • Instrument list (in the New Track dialog) is now re-filled with new entries after a plugin "Scan".
  • Replace some missing items in the region context menu that went missing.
  • Potential session-save speedup.
  • Prevent deletion of a channel's last port using the PortMatrix.
  • Updated Chinese translation.
  • Middle-click on location “clock” in sidebar locates to the given marker (since 2011)

Fixes:
  • Likely fix for the rare "right channel clicking" problem.
  • Fixed use of DIALOG/UTILITY window type hint on OS X. (likely fix for the problem where the Preferences window won't display, on computers using the Deutsch locale )
  • Don't show plugin GUI when renaming tracks/busses.
  • Fixed a possible crash at session close.
  • Fixed an error message when attempting to timestretch a region multiple times.
  • Fixed a bug which caused pasted gain automation to be different level than the copied source.
..and approximately 50 other minor improvements and bug-fixes.

Mixbus v3 customers should receive an email to update to version 3.3 today or tomorrow. If you don't receive an email by tomorrow evening, please check your bulk/spam folder, and then write us at mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com ... we will send you a link ASAP!
Thanks a lot for your ever speeding up updating work.
Imported 126 tracks of a two hours long concert in 15 minutes with no problemsSmile
Tassy
I really loved what they did how easy going it is now. Actually just for Mixbus sake I'm forced to install that lousy windows 10 on bootcamp. The moment they fixed the mac users I will go back. Still I loved it. So easy going. No fuss to create side chain.
Hey Ben,

Did the EZKeys crash get fixed?

Can't get to my DAW until tonight.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
Hi Ben,

a new update, very nice. The good news: If I change the language to german (deutsch) mixbus is running without probs.
The bad one: After clicking preferences resp. "Globale Einstellungen" nothing happens, no window, nothing!?

Greetings
@Kitor, OK, bummer, we thought that issue was fixed as a side-effect of another change. Apparently not, though. Can you please email our support email ( mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com ) so we can try something else?
So, no progress on fixing the issues with:

- Poor performance when using AU plugins? (as opposed to AU plugins in a wrapper like DDMF Metaplugin)
- Multiple Outputs for AU plugins?

If not, are these things at least on the radar?
@brucerothwell:

We have made some progress on the AU plugin GUI performance. But it is a very deep issue involving color-spaces and some fundamental changes that were made to OSX. We decided we need to release v3.3 while we continue working on it.

Multi-outs for AU plugins should now be possible. Did you watch the video?

-Ben
NOTE: I annotated the video to make it clearer that "old" session tracks will still follow the old plugin-routing rules (for forwards-compatibility). If you want to try some of the new features, you might find that it works best if you make a NEW track using v3.3.... the new track will follow the new v3.3 rules. Or create a new session.

-Ben
(04-22-2016, 11:48 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @Kitor, OK, bummer, we thought that issue was fixed as a side-effect of another change. Apparently not, though. Can you please email our support email ( mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com ) so we can try something else?

Hi Ben!

For me its not a real problem. I will take the english version until the next update. For some reasons sometimes the english version fits more than the german!

Greetings and thanks for the quick response!