Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus v3.3.15 -- a FREE update for Mixbus v3 users
Thanks alot for the update. Tested the side-chain with all Fabfilter plugins and Brainworx Dyn Eq and it worked, but McDsp didn't work. It's not showing more than 2 input/ports. The "drag to copy" of mixbus eq/comp is very good!
EZ Keys still crashes.
Is there a way to edit the instrument list? All of my VSTs are listed when I try and select an instrument.
Hi Clint, I'm sorry to hear about EZKeys. We have limited control over plugins.

Regarding the VST instruments, that is very odd. I haven't seen that in the past. If you open the "plugin manager" ( by double-clicking the black box at the top of a channel), then click the "instrument" button so it is solid blue, do you see only instruments, or do you see ALL of your plugins?
i've tried pin connection management with XLN Audio Addictive Drums 1/2, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2 and EzDrummer 1/2 and IK Multimedia SampleTank 3 and none of them worked.

The pin connection management dialog launches, but all config options are greyed out and don't allow to activate manual configuration and/or add outputs for multi-out instrument purpose Sad

Aux Sends pan problems were not solved either, so we remain stuck with using external aux send for the time being.

Drag and drop channel strip EQ/Comp settings are nice, though.
MacMini M1 16gb RAM - MacOS 13.6.6 - Apollo silver +  Apollo 16 silver w/Thunderbolt & Satellite OCTO Thunderbolt - SSL UF8/UC1 - Softube Console 1/Fader - UAD v11.2 - Mixbus 10 Pro ARM
The third point release without any e-mail, still no user area where I can download it, still no download links ... really annoying for me as a customer.
Great release guys @Ben @Developers is there no end to what you are going to do wow ! that utube Vid an mono and stereo and how you can link up to me that is new standard

It really was not bothering me but I think the ones that were not happy about it are going to blush at what you guys have done.

Still only $779.00 my that is a give away say glad to have mixbus 3
@marcusadv: There are 2 different ways for an AU plugin to show additional I/O: one is to increase the "main" I/O of the plugin, and the second is to use "buses"(sic - apple's terminology). Mixbus v3.3 currently can do the former, but not the latter. It sounds like all of your plugins use the latter method. We are working fast to add AudioUnit "buses" but we wanted to release our current features to those users who will benefit from them.

Regarding sends, we removed the option "follow the master panner" which was a leftover from the Ardour workstation; we do not intend to make the sends follow the main pan (that's what mixbuses are for).

Best,
-Ben
@sonnie: our update emails use the same server that our customer-support email uses. Can you please write us at mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com ... if you don't get a response from us, then it indicates our email server isn't talking to yours, and perhaps you should write us from a different email (gmail or whatever) that we can try. Email is 99.9% reliable, but if for some reason your service thinks we are a spammer, then it might not let our emails throught at all. This can be very hard to troubleshoot if your email is provided by a "large" entity that doesn't provide individual service.

Best,
-Ben
Thanks for this. Will install later tonight. I've had an odd bug on Mac under Yosemite since the last update. When I open Mixbus it always resets to AirPlay and I always have to reset to built in outputs. Annoying but not a deal breaker. Other things seem to be working.
(04-22-2016, 04:07 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Hi Clint, I'm sorry to hear about EZKeys. We have limited control over plugins.

Regarding the VST instruments, that is very odd. I haven't seen that in the past. If you open the "plugin manager" ( by double-clicking the black box at the top of a channel), then click the "instrument" button so it is solid blue, do you see only instruments, or do you see ALL of your plugins?

I see several plugins. I'm not sure if all are showing using that method. Typically I add a track, select midi and pick the instrument from that list, but all instruments and vsts are showing.