Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus v3.3.15 -- a FREE update for Mixbus v3 users
(04-22-2016, 12:36 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @brucerothwell:

We have made some progress on the AU plugin GUI performance. But it is a very deep issue involving color-spaces and some fundamental changes that were made to OSX. We decided we need to release v3.3 while we continue working on it.

Multi-outs for AU plugins should now be possible. Did you watch the video?

-Ben

No I had not watched the video -- just read the text. Did not see anything there, and didn't think the video covered that.

I'll watch it now, though!
(04-25-2016, 08:51 AM)x42 Wrote: The "Ardour" track/bus panner [1] was never accessible in Mixbus, so there was nothing to link the send panners to. Apart from that, the Ardour's panners follow a different pan law than the Mixbus channelstrip balance/panner.

[1] http://manual.ardour.org/mixing/panning/stereo_panner/

I know I've asked for a width control to match Ardours flexibility but that's a totally separate thing and I can see why it doesn't need to be in Mixbus. After the discussion there, I think maybe it's a good decision to require a plugin for those so the user is aware they might be in dangerous waters stereo field wise.

The link pan controls is something different though. I just want an option to make the send to a stereo aux bus from a mono track behave the same as its built in send to a Mixbus. Same Mixbus pan law with predictable consistent results.

It's got to be be better than some tracks using a random plugins pan and some the inbuilt one.. And if it's not then I'd expect the user manual to explain why so I wouldn't feel so grumpy every time I have to do it Wink
(04-23-2016, 07:13 AM)x42 Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 04:00 PM)clintmartin Wrote: EZ Keys still crashes.

I just tied to see what the issue could be. But both EZKeys and EZDrummer work just fine on Window7, 64bit. Mixbus v3.3.15. Demo versions of EZKeys (v1.1.1) and EZDrummer VSTs in both cases.

So either it's the full version of EZ* or a different version of EZKeys, or windows 10, or something specific to your windows 10 system.

X42,

We (Clint and I) have been through this. EZKeys is now up to V1.2.3 for both their 64 and 32 bit version. The V1.2.3 is the version that crashes in 64bit Mixbus.

However, 32bit EZKeys (v1.2.3) in 32bit Mixbus (V3.3) does NOT crash.

I emailed this info (and posted somewhere in this forum) to support about two months ago.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
(04-25-2016, 08:51 AM)x42 Wrote: I'm curious. How did you use linked send panners in Mixbus3 in the past, that resulted in a regression.

There should not be any change, since the feature was pretty much a "no-op". The "Ardour" track/bus panner [1] was never accessible in Mixbus, so there was nothing to link the send panners to. Apart from that, the Ardour's panners follow a different pan law than the Mixbus channelstrip balance/panner.

[1] http://manual.ardour.org/mixing/panning/stereo_panner/

Actually, I've not used previous mixbus versions extensively enough and just assumed that aux send pan was a mixbus feature in previous versions due to the comments in a feature suggestion thread and the fact that double click the aux send turns the track back and forth into a "greyed out" state that suggest something that was supposed to appear is missing.

What I was referring to is the pan control that shows up when you double click a external aux send, like the attached image. It's there to external aux send, so I cannot see why it can also be available to normal aux sends.

But I agree with Domino's in that a simple "send follows track pan" check box option would solve that problem much more elegantly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

MacMini M1 16gb RAM - MacOS 13.6.6 - Apollo silver +  Apollo 16 silver w/Thunderbolt & Satellite OCTO Thunderbolt - SSL UF8/UC1 - Softube Console 1/Fader - UAD v11.2 - Mixbus 10 Pro ARM
(04-25-2016, 05:29 PM)bapu Wrote:

I just tied to see what the issue could be. But both EZKeys and EZDrummer work just fine on Window7, 64bit. Mixbus v3.3.15. Demo versions of EZKeys (v1.1.1) and EZDrummer VSTs in both cases.

So either it's the full version of EZ* or a different version of EZKeys, or windows 10, or something specific to your windows 10 system.

X42,

We (Clint and I) have been through this. EZKeys is now up to V1.2.3 for both their 64 and 32 bit version. The V1.2.3 is the version that crashes in 64bit Mixbus.

I emailed this info (and posted somewhere in this forum) to support about two months ago.

Pity they don't provide a demo version of v1.2.3. -- v1.1.2 is the most recent demo of EZKeys available on their site.
I'll check with Ben about that support email.
(04-25-2016, 09:08 PM)x42 Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 05:29 PM)bapu Wrote:

X42,

Pity they don't provide a demo version of v1.2.3. -- v1.1.2 is the most recent demo of EZKeys available on their site.
I'll check with Ben about that support email.

Seems like this is such a big problem that Harrison ought to request a NFR version of 1.2.3 to debug and fix. JMO.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
(04-25-2016, 08:23 PM)marcusadv Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 08:51 AM)x42 Wrote: I'm curious. How did you use linked send panners in Mixbus3 in the past, that resulted in a regression.

Actually, I've not used previous mixbus versions extensively enough and just assumed that aux send pan was a mixbus feature in previous versions due to the comments in a feature suggestion thread and the fact that double click the aux send turns the track back and forth into a "greyed out" state that suggest something that was supposed to appear is missing.

What I was referring to is the pan control that shows up when you double click a external aux send, like the attached image. It's there to external aux send, so I cannot see why it can also be available to normal aux sends.

But I agree with Domino's in that a simple "send follows track pan" check box option would solve that problem much more elegantly.

That extra pan control is still needed with the check box. Unchecked it would control the pan, checked it would be ignored and the channel pan control used instead for the send pan position.

I'd prefer to see aux send and external send combined into a single option. Maybe there's a technical reason to have both, but in Ardour (which is where the impression it once worked might have come from) the only difference between the two is that aux sends only work internally, and external sends are available for routing to other applications / hardware via jack. I'd be happier with one type of send that had another checkbox to enable external routing.

The greying out when clicking on an aux send is a bug in my opinion. It should also launch an edit send gui same as the external one. Ardour removed this gui as the double click now makes the channel level and pan controls control the send settings. I suspect this was to make faderport workflow a little better as it happened around the time that was added.

On a side note, I'd like this greying out to be how inactive tracks are displayed. It's far more obvious than whatever currently changes when that active flag is unchecked.
Thank you Harrison for creating the solution with the plugin pin connections!
Unfortunatly I hadn't have the chance to try it out yet, because I had to reconfigure my computer (I'm almost there Rolleyes).
I'm very excited to try these new possibilities. This is a very nice example of how well you listen to the needs of your customers.

Benny
(04-26-2016, 03:06 AM)Domino Wrote: That extra pan control is still needed with the check box. Unchecked it would control the pan, checked it would be ignored and the channel pan control used instead for the send pan position.

I'd prefer to see aux send and external send combined into a single option. Maybe there's a technical reason to have both, but in Ardour (which is where the impression it once worked might have come from) the only difference between the two is that aux sends only work internally, and external sends are available for routing to other applications / hardware via jack. I'd be happier with one type of send that had another checkbox to enable external routing.

The greying out when clicking on an aux send is a bug in my opinion. It should also launch an edit send gui same as the external one. Ardour removed this gui as the double click now makes the channel level and pan controls control the send settings. I suspect this was to make faderport workflow a little better as it happened around the time that was added.

On a side note, I'd like this greying out to be how inactive tracks are displayed. It's far more obvious than whatever currently changes when that active flag is unchecked.

I think your arguments settled the issue brilliantly.
MacMini M1 16gb RAM - MacOS 13.6.6 - Apollo silver +  Apollo 16 silver w/Thunderbolt & Satellite OCTO Thunderbolt - SSL UF8/UC1 - Softube Console 1/Fader - UAD v11.2 - Mixbus 10 Pro ARM
(04-26-2016, 07:07 AM)marcusadv Wrote: I think your arguments settled the issue brilliantly.

I hope so. I'd much prefer to be commenting on how cool the new pin management and other features like the ratio / timing displays for the channel compressors are Smile